twenty-seven

"I am so tired," is the first thing I say when Cole wakes us up.

"You both told me that you would be up and ready at six," he says.

"Yeah, and that's what we planned on. But then we started to watch the Twilight Saga and went to bed around two," I mumble, pulling the blanket over my face.

"If I say I've already got Dunkin' on the way will you both get out of bed?"

Lili and I spring up and mumble "yes" before we demand him to wait outside the room while we change our clothes. We gather our bags and grab a pair of sunglasses.

We open the door and Cole looks us over before laughing hysterically.

"You guys look hungover, you sure you didn't drink?"

"Cole, it is six in the morning. Please, shut up before I throw something at you," I say.

He holds his hands up in defence with a grin lingering on his face. We follow him out to his silver Chevy Malibu where he opens the trunk and we go to put out suitcases in but I stop, noticing there were already two in there.

"Why are there two?" I ask.

"Yeah, I thought you said you only packed one? You told us to pack light," Lili jumps in.

"Ladies, ladies, before I say anything can we empty our hands please? I don't want items thrown at this sculptured face." he dramatically says.

I place my suitcase in the trunk as I wait for his answer.

"I got the coffee.." a dark accent rumbles behind us.

No. He did not.

I make a face at Cole as he looks at me with apologetic eyes.

I turn around and face Harry who is standing in a black hoodie and sweatpants. His hood is up covering most of his curls and his black shades hide his eyes.

"What is he doing here?" Lili grumbles.

"He is coming with us, I guess. I tried to talk him out of it, believe me, but he demanded to come," Cole reasons. He's pleading for mercy.

I say nothing as I stare at Harry, thankful my sunglasses are covering my eyes. I take a deep breath before taking a coffee from the carrier in Harry's hands.

"Right." I press my lips into a line before continuing, "We have basically a ten hour drive ahead of us so let's just go," I sigh.

I'm confused as to why Cole allowed him to come considering Cole wanted this to be a breather for me. It makes no sense to invite the man who is suffocating me on a trip to ease my lungs.

I don't know how I feel about this. I should be mad, angry, fighting Harry telling him he's not welcome but apart of me is leaping for joy that he's here.

God, this is all so confusing. I hate this.

I climb in the back seat and cover up with my travel blanket. I have taken it on almost all my trips since I was a freshman in high school. It's light purple with blue flowers, it's big enough to cover me up but not enough to take up the whole car.

I lay my head on the window as Harry slides in the backseat with me. I debate on whether or not I should bang my head against the tinted window as Cole drives towards the highway.

My phones buzzes in my lap and I look down. He texted me.

Harry: Are you still mad at me?

I roll my eyes before responding.

Me: yes. a little.

Harry: Don't be mad at me on this trip. You can be mad at me when we get back.
We can play 8ball to pass the time.