twenty-eight

"You're only winning because you keep looking at my screen!" I snap at Harry, who is clearly happy that he keeps winning in Uno.

"Right, but what about the other two players? I can't see their screens," he laughs.

I frown as we set up for another round. Cole is still driving and Lili is still fast asleep. I couldn't stay asleep and Harry was bored so we decided to download an Uno game so we could play with strangers to pass the time.

"I'm gonna kick your ass this time, Styles." I state.

"You said that three times already," Cole laughs from the drivers seat.

"Hey! You're supposed to be on my side!"

He holds one hand up in defense as he laughs. I like hearing him laugh, he sounds so happy.

Harry and I battle it out yet again, with me being very determined to win this round. In real life, I'm killer at Uno. My mom and I would play it with Alexa and her mom, I won nearly every game we played - not that I'm bragging or anything.

"Oh. My. God. Keep it green! Please keep it green!" I squeal at the stranger through my phone.

I tap my screen, laying down my last card, a green reverse.

"Yes! Take that, Styles!" I cheer.

He clicks his tongue, "Well played, baby, well played."

My heart flutters at the pet name. I choose to ignore it.

"See Cole? Told you I was going to kick his ass," I laugh.

He smirks back at me, "Maybe four is your lucky number."

I smile back at him before taking my headphones out and offering one to Harry, I shuffle my music and lay my head on his shoulder, staring out the window.

I want to believe Harry has good intentions, but I can't shake the feeling of him lying to me somehow. I can't explain it. It's a gut feeling and I've always followed my gut. I've never been wrong about it, but I'm hoping that this one time, I am.

Eventually, Cole pulls into a hotel parking lot and Lili wakes up from her nap.

"You awake finally, sleeping beauty?" I joke.

She shoots me a playful glare as Harry opens the door.

"I can't feel my legs, bro," He whines.

I smile apologetically at him, he is the tallest of all of us and I imagine being cramped in the backseat of a car can't be all that comfortable.

We gather our belongings from the car and check in to our hotel rooms. Lili and Cole are sharing a room while Harry and I get our own separate rooms. We're all on the same floor right across from one another, I'm just grateful I don't have to sleep in the same bed as him. I don't know if I trust myself enough to share one with him.

I still don't understand why he did what he did, and I know that there's no changing it now, but I just wish he thought about me. I want him to think of me and wonder how his actions will affect me, but he's selfish. I can't change that.

It started to rain just as I was finishing unpacking. The big window in my room opts for a nice view of the trees, it's a soothing sight, honestly. It's calm rain, not heavy, just enough to make you feel something.

There's a knock at my door and I'm taken out of my trance. When I open the door, Harry is standing in the hallway.

"Hey," I say softly.

His hair is damp, rain droplets still rolling off of his hoodie.

"Hi," he clears his throat. "Can I come in?"