ten

The last two weeks were a blur, there wasn't much going on and days blended together. I am a bit sleep deprived from staying so late at work and doing all of my school work to make sure I am at least a week ahead.

Cole and Lili have made it official, and I haven't seen Harry much. He hasn't been at work so I have had to cover his shift multiple times. Rose is starting wonder if she needs to find a replacement, but I assure her that Harry is just making sure his academics are in check.

I have no idea what in the hell he is doing. We're not even friends and I am covering for him. Are we friends? I mean he helped me when I was sick, and when Jacob hurt me, we work together, but does that make us friends?

I start to clean the dorm, putting mine and Lili's dirty clothes in a hamper so we can wash them later today. I dust down my desk and my dresser, and do the same to Lili's. We haven't properly cleaned since we moved in, and it feels all brand new.

I take the time I have, due to the fact the lovebirds are seeing a movie, to finish Outer Banks. I haven't gotten to watch it since my first day here.

When I get on the final episode, the door opens and my eyes flicker and see Lili and Cole walking in, with Harry following. But, he doesn't look how I remember. He's skin is a bit darker, he's got more tattoos covering his arm and you can see some peeking out from his shirt. He's even added a lip ring. It's like he has gone darker, more bad boy? Is that even possible?

I take my eyes away when Cole asks if I wanted to go to the mid-semester party the frat is hosting.

The memory of the last time I was at the frat house comes to mind and I can feel my heart race.

Lili looks at me, "You don't have to if you don't want to, and I will stay with you if you choose to go or not."

Cole agreed and tells me there is no pressure, but they also didn't want me to do be alone.

I can see it in her eyes she doesn't want me to feel pressured. I know I told myself I wouldn't go there ever again, but what if it's better this time? What if I stick by Lili, then nothing would happen, right? Would I be stupid if I went? What if I'm just being dramatic?

I bite my lip, "I will go, but I will not be playing any of those stupid games."

Harry snorts, "Of course you aren't."

My heart sinks as I make eye contact with him. How could he say that? Especially when I ran to him after what happened?

Cole looks at him, "Harry!"

"Is that an issue for you?" Lili snaps.

"Not at all, blondie."

Cole sighs, "I'll be here around nine-thirty to pick you guys up."

He nudged Harry out of the room and I look at Lili with wide eyes, "Has he been like that all day?"

She nods her head, "Ever since we picked him up. I don't know what his issue is."

I sigh and Lili then tells me she will help pick out an outfit for the party. I sit and let her do whatever she does to my face, she puts some powder on it that makes me cough. By the time she does finishing touches on the both of us, Cole walks in.

"You both look gorgeous," he says to us.

"Thank you, my love," Lili kisses him.

We grab our belongings before getting into his car and heading towards the frat house.

I notice a Speedway sign, "Cole! Can we get slushies?"

He furrows his brows, "You're going to a frat party?"

"Your point? Please, you and Harry can lace it with drugs or whatever college guys do."

He sighs before pulling into the parking lot. Lili gives him a sympathetic look when she grabs a cup to fill with slushie of her own.

"This is joke, right?"

"Nope. It's happening, you should get one," I say as I put my lid on.

"They're not even that good!" he says.

After a few minutes of Lili and I explaining to him why they are the actual best drinks on the planet, he caves and gets one. We drink them before we get to the frat house, and Harry makes a comment about my red lips and tongue when he sees me.

I stick my tongue out at him.

"You better put that away before it does more than just that," he says, his green eyes darkening.

I roll my eyes before making myself a drink, and going with Lili into the living room.

"We're going to play truth or dare," Kylee, a girl in my English class, announces.

I sigh. Are there not any other games they could play? Go hide in a bush or something, they play this game every time, and it's always the same old dares and questions. How can they not get bored of it?

"She's not playing," Lili answers Kylee's question.

I didn't even hear her ask.

"Of course she's not," she says before asking the first question.

Why is everyone saying that tonight?

I curse under my breath, and thank god she doesn't hear it - my head would be off my shoulders. I sit and laugh at the stupidity of some of the guys playing the game. Lili and I mostly make comments to each other, with the occasional pop in of Cole and Harry checking to make sure everything is going good.

It must take a lot to be young leaders of a frat, which is why Harry keeps his private life private, so no one knows where he works, or why he is so cold. Cole and Harry are a lot alike in ways, but Cole is more open, rather than closed off.

I think when someone is open you are not that curious, because you know who they are.

Harry is like a restricted area, gated up, and that makes you want to jump the fence and figure out why.