fifteen

I let out a frustrated grunt as I slam my laptop closed. I'm upset with myself, I can't figure out what I want to do with my film midterm final. I have no idea where I want it to go. I want it to be big and show stopping but, my mind is blank.

I run my hands through my hair before I throw it up in a sloppy half pony with my favorite lavender scrunchie. I open my laptop once more, hoping some idea will pop into my brain.

A knock rattles the door, and I tip-toe out of bed to open it.

Cole is standing there with a wide smile and flowers, and I tilt my head to the side before I realise who he is here for.

"Lili isn't here," I say and open the door more for him to walk through.

"Oh," he has a frown, "do you know when she will be back?"

I shake my head, "I hadn't even realized she had left until I came back from the store."

"You can hang out here until she gets back, if you want," I add on.

He nods his head.

"What are you doing?" he asks as he walks towards my bed, my laptop screen being lit up by my Pinterest board of possible ideas.

"Nothing!" I squeal and race towards my laptop.

He covers my laptop with his body, and I push on his side, attempting to roll him off of it.

"What are you hiding, Grande?" he taunts.

I squeal once more when he manages to get out my grip, and onto the floor. I straddle his back, not letting him move from out under me.

He slips the laptop out and flips it open again, the screen coming to life.

"What's this?" he asks, turning his head to the side.

My hands fly to my face, which I know has now turned red. He turns his body underneath me, and removes my hands from my face.

"It's nothing, it's just - it's stupid, exit out of it," I say.

"You going on a tour or something? A music video?" he asks.

I shake my head.

He lifts an eyebrow before looking at the screen and then back to me.

"Okay! It's for my film midterm, I'm trying to come up with ideas on what to do. Music was an idea."

He looks at me for a minute, his lips are pushed out into a pout. I cross my arms in front of me, trying to figure out what to say to him, or how to explain the situation.

"Why are you so shy about it? It's a final?" he asks.

I shrug my shoulders, "Because if I go with the music idea that would mean I would have to sing."

"And that's such a bad thing?"

I shake my head, "It's not bad, I just don't want people to make fun of me or something."

Then an idea popped in my head.

"Do you think you could help me with something?" I ask.

"With what?"

"I could go with the music idea and we could shoot a video? Make it look like Dave Meyers did it?"

"You've come to the right guy," he smirks.

I smile because I know that I did. Cole is all about photography and videography, he makes things go from bland to full of life. He has his own way of directing and creating art, and no one can do it better than him.