nine

Harry and I talk very little when we wake up the next morning. Harry noticed more marks appeared on my neck and his eyes seemed like they were full of anger. He hasn't looked me in the face once this morning. I feel so dirty.

The drive to my dorm was quick and quiet, both of us, I'm sure, not knowing what to do or say.

I don't even know how I'm going to go to work seeing as though I left my Jeep there last night.

He walks with me to my dorm, and once he sees Lili is there he bids me farewell. Lili looks at me, her eyebrow raised, noticing I'm in boys clothes. Harry's clothes.

"It's not, we didn't," I say, but my voice is raw.

"Are you sick?" she asks.

"No." I start crying all over again.

I walk over to her and hug her, I tell her everything that happened. The game, Jacob, what he did, running to Harry - everything.

"I'm so sorry, I knew I should've stayed longer, but Cole wanted to leave, he was tired of the noise," she has a few tears of her own.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" she asks after grabbing some tissues.

"He left a few marks on me," I move my hair to the side.

"That disgusting pig," anger is written on her face.

"I'm going to go take a shower and change," I tell her after a few minutes of silence.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

I think for a moment and shake my head, "I just want to be by myself for a minute."

"Take all the time you need, okay?" She reassures me.

I grab jeans and a crewneck, hoping it would hide the marks Jacob left. Making sure I have all my toiletries, I walk down to the showers. I keep my head down when I walk in, finding an open one near the end.

I wash my hair and scrub at my body again, thinking about everything that happened. I don't see myself going back to that frat house, I do not think I can. I will probably be too afraid to, and if I ever were to, I'd cling to Lili the whole time. Would it be stupid of me to go back there?

I should thank Harry for being as kind to me as he was, he could have easily just shooed me away. I hope it won't be awkward between us now, I just want him to know he really helped me. I appreciate how safe he made me feel.

I dry off and change into my clothes, I fold Harry's shirt and boxers, and make my way back to the dorm. I open the door and Lili is writing in her journal on her bed. I take Harry's clothes and put them in the top right drawer of my dresser, where the crewneck he let me wear the night I was sick is placed.

Lili closes her journal and looks at me, "Do you work today?"

"Yes, at four. Why?" I ask.

"Do you want to go shopping or something? There's not much we can do in here and I feel like you need something to take your mind off what happened, just to feel like you can breathe for a second."

I nod my head, "Yeah, I could use that."

She smiles brightly at me before changing her shirt and putting some flats on.

We head out of the dorm and decide to go to lunch first before we do anything else. We decided to go Taco Bell, seeing as though that is Lili's favorite place.

"Where do you want to go?" Lili asks as we fill up our drinks.

"I could probably use some new clothes," I say.

She says she does too so we think of places to go and after we eat, we head to H&M. A couple of hours later, Lili and I come out with a few bags each, before she offers to take me to Horizon's.

"What do you want to do after college?" Lili asks when I get into the passenger seat.

"I want to create music, or be in film and direct movies," I answer.

"Have you always wanted to do that?" she asks.

"Yeah," I nod my head, "music has always been apart of my life, I used to sing in my church's choir, but I left that."

"What about you?" I ask.

"I have no idea, honestly. I might become an author, I might act, I haven't picked a solid thing that I want to do for the rest of my life," she laughs.

"My mom would hound me on what I wanted to do with my life ever since middle school, and in the seventh grade I solidified it and committed to performing arts,"

"My mom always wanted me to become a surgeon, but I could never do that. I think I could really be a good writer, but I don't know what I would write about," Lili throws her hair up in a ponytail.

"It's too stressful sometimes, figuring out what you want to do. There's too many options," I say.

Lili agrees and the ride falls silent. When we get to Horizon's I'm half an hour early so we sit and talk for awhile.

"Today's been a good day, and hopefully that transitions into my work day," I say, rubbing my hands on my face.

"Is your job bad?" Lili asks.

"No, not at all, it's just slow sometimes. No one really comes into the library, they usually go straight to the bakery. It's fine, though, I can think and have a peaceful time while I sort through books."

We continue to talk about random things until I tell her I need to go inside. I bid her farewell before closing the car door.

I throw my hair up into a low ponytail before putting my usual apron on, I had made myself a little pin with my name on it to put on my apron. Rose commented on it one day and said I should make everyone one. I smile as I walk back out and to the art books, this is the one section I have not fixed, so I take my time on it.

Time flies and before I know it, I get my fifteen minute break. I walk into the bakery and ask for my usual tea and two cookies.

I haven't seen Harry in here, so I assume he is not working today. I take out my journal and look through all of the lyrics I have compiled for some songs, I can not wait to make these Lullaby Friday's, speaking of which, I desperately need to upload something soon.

My break is over too soon, and I go get the cart with the new arrivals and put them in the proper spots. I finish everything that I am supposed to, and head to the desk.

I sit behind it and do some paperwork, but mostly just sit and wait for someone to come ask for help. No one does.

"Ariana, dear," Rose calls for me.

"Yes, Miss Rose," I walk towards her.

"Could you close the store for me tonight? My daughter has fallen ill and she needs someone to watch her babies," she explains.

I nod my head, "Of course!"

I hug her goodbye and look at the clock. It's nine-fifty now, so I head to the supply closet and take out a broom and begin sweeping.

When I start cleaning the windows, Joey, the baker, says goodbye to me. I lock the door before I get back to cleaning, rearranging some chairs and mopping.

After the floor dries, I grab my belongings, turn off all of the lights, and walk out. I make sure the door is locked before I get into my car, and I head back to the dorm. My mind goes to Harry, I haven't heard or seen him since this morning. I wonder if he is busy or he's just taken a day to himself.

When I walk in, Cole and Lili are playing a game and I join them, and our night is filled with junk food and lots of laughter.