eight

possible trigger warning, read with caution.

The loud music fills my ears as I follow Harry inside, there is more people this time, which I don't know how that's possible. Some are playing different games, some are dancing to the music, some are making out or sitting, or both.

My eyes look for Lili's blonde ponytail and Cole's white suspenders. I don't see them when Harry and I make it into the kitchen, he asks what I want to drink and I say surprise me, because I have no knowledge of drink names.

After he hands me my drink, he leaves and walks to his friend group, and I am stood in the kitchen, my eyes still searching for familiar faces.

How thoughtful of you Harry.

After an hour of wandering around, I spot Lili and Cole in the living room, talking with a group of people. I smile when I see Cole's arm wrapped around Lili's waist.

"Lili!" I yell as I make my way towards them.

"Ari, I didn't know you'd be here, I thought you had work?" she questions after hugging me.

"They weren't going to let me close on my first night, Harry brought me here," I say and then immediately regret.

If they find out he works at the bakery, he will surely kill me. Or make my life hell whenever he sees me.

"Harry?" she questions.

"Yeah, when I was leaving the store he saw me and asked if I was going, and now I'm here," I say calmly.

She smirks at me, and I roll my eyes as I get what she is hinting at. Harry and I, together? Never in a million years. We're too different. He's the bad boy, extrovert, and likes to party, while I'm a good kid, introvert and socially awkward, and I don't like to party.

I continue talking with them, and I ask Lili what's going on with her and Cole when we decide to refill our drinks.

"We're not dating, but we're also dating? Does that make sense?" she asks.

"You're not officially together but you also aren't seeing other people?"

"Yeah! What did you have to drink?"

I don't know what Harry poured into my cup, but I know it was pink and sweet.

"Um, I don't know. It was pink," I say as I scan my eyes over the bottles.

"I think that may be it," I point to the one on the end.

She nods her head and pours me a cup. The taste of alcohol is there, but the sweetness of it makes it burn less.

"Who wants to play a game?" a tall brunette asks, he reminds me of Harry, but he doesn't look as mean.

The group cheers when someone suggests seven minutes in heaven. We all gather in a circle, and I'm curious to know how to play.

"Louis, give me your empty bottle," his hand extends out to the boy with scruffy hair to the right of him.

"Brayden, who's going first?" a girl with sleek black hair asks.

"Zach will," he, Brayden, says as he spins the bottle.

It lands on a girl with short blonde hair, and she takes Zach's hand as he leads her to the closet.

"There's a spare closet upstairs, too, so Jacob here will be the next person,"

My heart stopped after those words, because the bottle landed on me.