twenty-six

It's been a few weeks since that day in the forest. Harry and I have been slowly hanging out again. I can tell there's more to the story and I am desperate to find out the rest, but I'm scared to push my luck. I don't want to ruin all that we have worked to fix thus far.

I've been spending a lot of my free time at the karaoke bar Colton had taken me to on our first date. Sometimes I see him there other times I'm alone and I go to sing to anyone who will listen. It brings me peace, especially during all this Harry nonsense.

My first semester of college is coming to end, our winter break is two weeks away and the stress that we're under is more prominent than ever. All of my course projects are due next week, with finals being the week after.

Nothing of this semester has been normal.

Lili and I have been surviving on Dunkin' coffee during studying sessions, all nighters finishing last minute homework or papers, and working on our projects. Our normally super tidy room looks like a tornado has blown threw.

"My girls!" Cole cheers when we arrive at his room.

Since Harry has been a little out of the picture I have gotten closer to Cole. Not in a romantic way, he is a big brother to me that's dating my best friend. Cole and I have talked about Harry, his past, his life here, everything that came to our minds we talked about. It made me understand H more than I thought I could. I was grateful for Cole.

I smiled at him and sat in his gaming chair as Lili gave him a kiss.

"What's the plan for today, Chief?" I ask.

"You know, I was thinking we take a trip to Forks?"

I stop spinning in the chair.

"Forks?" I stare at him.

Forks? Twilight Forks? Are you kidding?

"Yeah, and we could stop in Seattle along the way." He smiles at me.

Over the weeks where Harry and I stopped communication, Cole caught me reading the Twilight Saga. We talked for hours about it and I had explained why I felt so connected to it.

I was waiting for Horizon's Corner to get their batch of Midnight Sun in so I could buy it.

"That's like an eight hour drive," Lili says.

"Plus, we have class tomorrow." I point out.

"I know how you guys feel about ditching class but we don't have class Monday. I know you guys already have your work finished for the rest of the semester and you just have to add final touches to your projects."

"Did you go into our room and snoop through our stuff?" I laugh.

"If we leave early tomorrow we could have a full weekend in Seattle and Forks. We could all use a little weekend break, Ari especially."

I offer a soft smile at his comment, but my mind went back to Harry. I haven't talked to him in a few days and I'm constantly worrying about him. I can't let myself be too involved with him, but I think it's too late now.

"What do you guys think?"

Lili and I look at each other, telepathically, we both run through best and worst case scenarios. After a few seconds, when we both realised there were no downsides, we agree to go.

We leave Cole's dorm before the sun started setting so we could pack and get enough sleep before the long drive tomorrow.

I am anxious, to say the least. I haven't been on a road trip without my mom, it's unsettling doing things without her. On the other hand, I knew I would be okay because I still had the two most important people in my life with me on it.

Lili and I DoorDash dinner as we clean our room and pack our bags.

"It's La Push, baby. La Push." Eric Yorkie says through the screen.

I insisted on watching the entire Twilight Saga, she hasn't seen it in years and forgot how good it was. The nostalgia it brings back is overwhelming. When New Moon comes on and Edward leaves Bella, Lili and I sob together. There's never been a book turned movie series that gives me a hurricane of emotions as this one.

"We have to go to all of the filming locations," Lili says at the ending credits of New Moon.

"Agreed. We will drag Cole if we have to."

Eclipse comes on and we talk about how they recasted Victoria - we both thought she better portrayed her than the previous. But, God, Bella's wigs in that movie were awful. And Edward's sideburns? Don't even get me started on that.

Breaking Dawn Part One starts playing and we squeal in excitement.

"I want to walk down the isle to this song," I say as Turning Page plays.

"It's beautiful, I can see you doing that." Lili agrees.

We talk about our wedding dreams, Lili wants a beach front reception with a honeymoon in Rome. She wants a sleeveless dress with a long train. Gold as her accent color.

I mention that I really haven't thought about locations or details, but I know that I want to honeymoon in Italy. Lili laughs and points out how the Vulturi was in Italy.

When Bella finally becomes a vampire in Breaking Dawn Part Two we sleepily cheer because it's now two in the morning and we told Cole we would be up and ready at six to leave.

Happy tears pool in my eyes as the ending credits play. I'm ready for this getaway to start so I can have some calm among this hurricane that is my life right now.

Trying to swim in these rocky waters has my lungs filling with water faster than I can drain them. I need to be able to lay and float and feel the sun.

I shut off the TV and try to sleep before we leave.