thirteen

Today is Wednesday. It's been four days since Harry and I kissed in the diner, four days since he found out about me singing, four days since I have said anything to him. I will not admittedly say aloud that I am avoiding him, but I am trying my hardest to not be around him for a long period of time.

I make my way down the hall to my last class of the day, which is literature. I walk in and sit in my usual seat in the front, the group of girls being their obnoxious selves behind me.

After getting out everything I needed, Lili comes in and rolls her eyes at the group, before taking her seat the left of me.

"How did they get this far?" she asks setting her water bottle down.

I shrug my shoulders, "I'm just as surprised."

"I heard we are getting a few more students today," she says, getting out her notebook.

"New students? Like transfers?" I ask curiously.

She shakes her head, "No, they've been going here. They're from another class, apparently one of the professors had to suddenly leave and they couldn't find a replacement, so they're spreading them out to the other literature classes."

"Hopefully they are not like them," I gesture my head to the girls.

"Hopefully they are not hot ones either, they'll probably say 'oh where'd my panties go,'" she mimics their voices.

I stare at her for a hot second before we burst out into laughter. It's not the loud laughter, it's that silent one where you can't catch your breath so you have tears falling from your eyes.

"Lili!" I manage to get out.

She takes a deep breath before wiping her eyes, "I'm so fucking funny. That wasn't that funny but man, I am funny."

"Sometimes," I say and she rolls her eyes.

I look out into the hallway and notice five different lines of students, and in the middle line I can see Cole and Harry. They both look unamused and annoyed, probably by the council lady that is explaining to them what is going on. I smile to myself when I notice how Cole and Harry tower over everyone else.

I furrow my brows and turn around to Lili, "Are they coming in here?"

She shrugs her shoulders, "I want to say yes and no? Is that a thing?"

I can tolerate both of them, but I don't want them to be in here. I have been so good at avoiding Harry and not talking to him, I know that if he is in here that will all collapse.

"If they end up here, you know who will be throwing themselves at them." I tell her.

"If you think about it, it would make sense for the first line to come in here, and their line to go to the one next door," Lili points out.

"Knowing our luck, that won't happen," I sigh, sinking into my seat.

"Is everything alright?" she asks.

I want to say 'Yes, everything is wonderful!' but I can't, because the one thing I have been trying to do is avoid the boy with the curly hair and tattoos.

"I'll tell you about it later," I say.

"Students!" Professor Wiggins gets our attention.

The students from the other class are in front of the board, in the mix there's a few girls I see from my dorm hall, Harry and Cole, and a few other boys that smell like douches.

Lili and I look at each other and we both give each other the "of course they're in here," look.

"Professor Gray had a family emergency, and for the time being, some of her students will be with us," he says.