Chapter 33

Hopes POV
"I can bet"she says.Embry walks in"are you guys hungry?Like I have to ask"she laughs.She turns to the door"who's this?"She asks.I go sit across from the guys."Bella swan,who else?"Jared says sarcastically.I see Bella trying not to stare at Emily.I glare at Bella."So,your the vampire girl"Emily says smirking."So you two are the wolf girls"she says walking in fully."Guess so,well I'm engaged to one" Emily says.She sets the muffins on the table and we grab one.She grabs Jared's arm"save some for your brothers and ladies first,muffin?"She asks Bella. "Sure,thanks"she says and grabs one."You leave it to Jacob to find a way around Sams gag order"Emily says"Um,he didn't say anything to me"Bella says. "That's a wolf thing,alphas orders get obeyed whether we want them to or not,oh and check it out we can hear each other's thoughts"Embry says"dude would you shut up"I say"these are trade secrets, damn it this chick runs with vampires"Jared backs me up."You can't really run with vampires...cause they're fast"Bella jokes and Emily laughs."Yeah?Well we're faster"Jared replies"not her and why is she in on the trade secrets?"Bella sasses to me.I turn around and look at her"cause I'm trusted and with Paul"I say back.Sam walks in"hey"he says to Emily and kisses her.I see Bella look down awkwardly'have you not seen love before?'."Trusted?I don't believe it, not when your dressed like a slut"Bella says and all eyes turn to us.I stand up and go up to her.Then we hear Jacob and Paul come back getting along.Paul comes up behind me and pulls me to his lap on the chair.I grab my muffin,pick at it and feed Paul some. "Aren't you going to apologize?"Bella asks Paul.I look up"he doesn't need to apologize for something you did,bitch"I say.Bella looks to Jacob and he nods for them to go talk.She starts walking out but turns back to me."Next time he won't be there to save you, I can take you on and I'm surprised your not knocked up yet"she says.I go to attack her but Paul holds me back."I can take you on easily,you know nothing about me"I say smirking cause she doesn't know I'm witch and wolf.Jacob grabs her and drags her out."That was badass,I wish I could see a fight" Jared says and I laugh."I think I found an enemy"I say"and she doesn't know what she got herself into" Embry says."No,she doesn't"I say using my magic to add more muffins to the plate.The guys start grabbing more muffins now.We were talking when Jacob walks back in.We all look to him"the redhead is after Bella"he says and I smile."Hey,it's our nature to protect her" he says mad."Fine,but doesn't mean I can't think it and do it myself"I roll my eyes and smirk.Sams house phone rings and he answers it."Hello"he says. We all listen in.

Sams POV
"Hello"I say"Sammy is that you?"Cheryl asks.I hear them laugh,I sigh and roll my eyes."Yes it's me"I say "I think you need to come home"she says and the laughs quiet down."Why?What's wrong?"I ask concerned"dads on the last stage of cancer"she says crying.It became dead silent in the house."What?"I say shocked."I didn't tell you before because I thought he would get better but that's not the case anymore,you should come....we have to say goodbye" she says.I feel my heart break"ok,I'll be there soon"I say and hang up.I feel frozen in place trying to process what I just heard.I'm finally able to move and go to my room and pack.

Hopes POV
We're all looking to each other in shock.We hear moving upstairs knowing it's Sam packing."Wait, Sam has a sister?"jared says interrupting the silence. "Yes,I do"Sam says coming in."I have to leave,I'll be back,hope your in charge while I'm gone"he kisses Emily and leaves.