Chapter 56

Jacobs POV
"They'll be here in 4 days" Alice says "this could turn into a bloodbath"Carlisle says."Who's behind it?"Edward asks"I didn't see anyone I recognized,maybe one"Alice says."Yeah I know his face,he's local,Riley biers,he didn't start this"Edward says."Whoever is,is staying out of the action"Alice says"they must be playing with the blind spots in your vision"Carlisle says."By the way,the army's coming and there aren't enough of us to protect the town"Jasper says."Hold up,what damn army?"I ask lost"newborns,our kind" Carlisle says."What are they after?"Embry asks "they were passing around Bella's scent"Alice says"they're after Bella?What the hell does this mean?" I ask. "It means an ugly fight with lives lost" Carlisle says.I turn to Embry and Quil.They nod and I turn back to the cullens "alright, we're in" I say. "No, you'll get yourselves killed, no way" Bella protests "I wasn't asking permission"I say"Edward"she looks to him"It means more protection for you"Edward says."Jacob do you think Sam will agree to a...understanding?" Carlisle asks"as long as we get to kill some vampires" I say leaving out hope cause I want it to be a suprise. I see Embry and Quil smirk understanding. "Jasper" Carlisle calls "they'll give us the numbers, the newborns won't know they even exist,it'll give us an edge"he says and I smile."We'll need to coordinate"Carlisle says standing up."Carlisle,they're gonna get hurt"Bella says standing up too."Well all need some training,fighting newborns requires knowledge that Jasper has,your welcome to join us"Carlisle tells me "alright,name the time and place"I say."Jake you don't know what your getting yourself into"Bella says softly."Bella this is what we do,you should be happy,look at us,working together,you are the one who wanted us to get along remember"I say.We head back to tell Sam and hope.

Hopes POV
"Sam,I think it's time we tell him"I say quietly"yeah, it's up to him"Sam says.We hear a howl from Jacob. We all rush outside and shift.We meet Jacob'what is it?'I ask.He shows us what happened.'Before we discuss this,Jacob there's something we need to tell you and for you to decide'Sam says'ok' he says.'From the legends of the tribe,your grandfather was the chief' Sam takes over 'which means your rightfully alpha if you choose to be' Sam says. Jacob contemplates if he wants to be.'No,I don't want the position' he says 'alright then' Sam says. 'And about the army, I won't do it for Bella, I'll do it to kill vampires but that's it' I say 'we're in' Sam says. Everyone agrees 'tomorrow we go to the training, in wolf form cause I don't trust them and we learn' Sam says.'Wait didn't Hope say"what if they came here"?Hope how did you know that?'Jake questions'it's just an assumption,I didn't know,I guessed' I lie. 'Alright, be ready to train tomorrow' Sam says still looking at me suspicious. 'Shit, now Emily needs to be more careful' I say without realizing. 'Hope what do you mean?'Sam asks getting protective. I see Paul getting ready if he needs to protect me. 'Nothing' I panic,'Hope tell me' he says.'I can't,I promised not to say anything,she doesn't want you to know yet'I say and run back to Emily to tell her."Emily it slipped out, Sam knows your hiding something"I tell her."It's okay,I'll deal with it"she says.The guys come back in and Sam looks at Emily and Emily looks at Sam.My phone goes off startling everyone from the silence and awkwardness. "Hello" I answer "hope?" Someone asks "yes?"I answer confused. The pack is listening in cause I didn't move when I answered. "It's Alaric saltzman" Alaric says "oh hi Dr.Saltzman" I say relieved and happy.Everyone looks confused except Sarah by my tone."Hey hope,I have a surprise"he says"ok,what is it?"I ask"Lizzie and Josie are coming to visit you". "What?!"I say excited. Everyone flinches by my loudness.Me and the twins are very close and basically cousins."They should arrive in the morning and can they stay with you while they're there?"He asks"of course"I say "ok bye" "bye"I say and hang up. "Lizzie and Josie will be here in the morning" I say happy to Sarah.Emily and Sam go outside.