Christmas

I was now on the train, heading home for Christmas break. I was sitting with Cedric and Charlotte.

"So....y/n...what's going on with you and george?" Charlotte asks in a sing song tone.

"What? Oh nothing. We're just friends" I reply.

"Suuuure" Cedric says.

"Yes. Sure he may be funny, and cute and great....but no, we're just friends" I say.

"Uh huh, we totally believe you" Charlotte says sarcastically.

"Well whether you believe me or not, it's the truth" I say and look out of the window. But it wasn't true, I did really like George, as more than a friend. But I wouldn't tell anyone that.

"Anyways" Cedric says, changing the subject. "Whatcha guys doing for the break?"

"Well I'm going skiing with my parents" Charlotte replies.

"Cool cool, my aunt and uncle are coming over." I say.

"Oh so that means Maggie is going to be there too?" Cedric asks. I nod.

Maggie was my younger cousin. She was 5 years younger than me but we were best friends. Well, more like sisters. She was so precious and I was always excited to see her.

"Well, I am doing absolutely nothing and just staying home." Cedric says with a smile.

"Oh, that sounds wonderful" I joke.

The train ride ends, and we are at Kings Cross station. I give Charlotte and Cedric each a hug and then go over to my parents.

"You did not think you were going to leave without giving me a hug did you!?" Jess gasps from behind me. I turn around and give her a big hug.

"I didn't know where you had went!" I reply.

"Well here I am" she says, spinning around. "Now merry Christmas, love you" she gives me one more hug and then we part ways.

I leave the station with my parents and get into the car. We drive to our house and I run up to my room. It was still decorated the same as when I was eleven, but it gave me nostalgia which made me happy. I put my trunk down beside my bed and flopped down onto my bed. I just lay there for awhile, taking in all of the details from my childhood room again. The framed pictures on my nightstand, the books on my shelf and the pile of stuffed animals on my floor. Sure it was very childish in here, but it took me back to when I was younger which was always fun for a few weeks.

"Y/N! DINNER IS READY!" my mom calls from downstairs.

"OK IM COMING!" I reply. I stand up and make my way down the staircase. I sit down at the table and examine the food my mom had made. "It looks delicious" I say as my mom sits down across from my dad.

"Thank you sweetheart" she says with a smile. I scoop some mashed potato's onto my plate and some green beans. There is also some chicken and gravy.

"So how's Hogwarts?" My dad asks, while stuffing a fork full of potato's into his mouth.

"Really great actually, I made some new friends" I reply.

"When aren't you making new friends?" My dad jokes.
"So what are they like?" My mother asks.

"Well, they're very fun to be around and they like chocolate" I answer with a small laugh.

"Chocolate?" My mom asks intrigued.

"Yeah, it was a Halloween thing." I say.

"Well what is their name?"

"George and Fred"

"They are two different people?" My dad asks.

"Yeah they're twins" I reply.

"Wow, how did you meet them?" Mom asks.

"We were paired up for a potions project" I lie. I knew that my parents would not like them if they knew how we actually met.

"Oh, interesting, your potions professor is Snape right?" Dad asks. I nod.
"Wow, I feel sorry for you, I went to school with him and..." he says.

"Yeah...I made the twins a deal, where if they could make Snape smile, I would give them chocolate." I say.

"These twins sound like very interesting boys" my mom says.

"They are, they're always up to some sort of mischief" I chuckle. We talk for the rest of dinner and my parents ask me more questions about how school was going.

The next day I come downstairs and make my parents breakfast. I make pancakes and bacon. They eventually come downstairs.

"Wow, you're an early bird" my dad says while making himself a coffee.

"Used to it from school" I reply, setting the table. My mom has made her way downstairs by now and is seated across from my dad.

"Thank you for making breakfast sweetie" she smiles at me. I smile back

"You're welcome" I reply. We eat breakfast and my parents inform me that my aunt and uncle are coming over, along with Maggie.

After breakfast, I go and get dressed. I put on a knit turtleneck with some jeans and long socks. I help my dad set up our Christmas tree so that we can decorate it that night.
Once we are finished there is a knock at the door. I answer it and see my aunt and uncle with Maggie. I pull her into a big hug.

"I missed you so much!" I say as she hugs me back.

"I missed you so so so so so much!" She says excitedly.

"How is 5th grade?" I ask.

"Goooood, how's Hogwarts!?"

"Amazing" I reply

"Did you know that next year I will be going there!"

"If you get your letter" my aunt interrupts.

"Well, I'm sure she will, she is a pureblood after all" my mom says taking her coat.
Both my, and Maggie's parents, were wizards, but they raised us with muggles because they were all muggle-borns and they said it was very important to have that kind of knowledge.