Back home (again)

Your POV

I woke up and rolled over in bed to see it was 8 am.

I sighed, rolled back over, closed my eyes, and fell back asleep.

This summer had been quite different from ones before.

I tried listening to Charlotte's advice and always went down for dinner with my family. It was hard sometimes though, since they always poked and pried at me to open up about how I was feeling.

They didn't understand that it was hard for me to do that and that the only person who I would talk openly to, was the one who was gone.

Everyday, I went on a walk outside to get out of the house.

I only went on these walks alone.

If anyone came with me I wouldn't be able to talk how I did.

Let me explain, on these walks I would talk to myself. Well, not really myself, but it would seem that way if you didn't know what I was doing. I was talking to him.

Yes, I know that sounded crazy, but it helped me grieve.

I would talk to the sky as if I was having a conversation with him.

At the beginning it was tough. I couldn't get a few words out with out crying. I remember the first time, I sat out there for hours trying to get out my words.

"And I'm so sorry that I didn't play along with your stupid jokes. And I'm sorry about what I said" I would say things like that, just causing myself more harm.

Now it was more easy. I would talk like we were just sitting in the common room, catching up with each other. Everyday I would go out and share a story that had happened and sometimes I would rant, but whenever I came back I always felt better.

Charlotte had also said not to spend my summer sleeping.

But what did she expect me to do?

Though, I guess I could see what she meant once I found myself going to bed earlier than normal and sleeping late.

During the hours I wasn't sleeping or out on one of my walks, I would find other ways to preoccupy myself.

Whether that be baking, organizing, reading, writing letters or rereading letters my friends had sent me. I always found someway to keep busy.

Whenever a letter arrived, I practically sprung out of bed and sprinted downstairs to open it.

That happened this morning at about 9:30 am.

The familiar hoot of an owl made me sit straight up in bed.

I rushed downstairs and opened up the kitchen window.

The owls never came to my bedroom window. I was sure my friends had all told them not to, so that I had to come downstairs and so I wasn't cooped up in my room all the time. Even though I had told them I was keeping busy. They must not have believed me.

I picked up the letter and on the envelope it only said my name, not who had sent it.

I shrug and open it up.

Dear y/n,
HA! You said I wouldn't write you. Well I did, so in your face. Honestly I'm really bored here. Fred and I have been inventing some products though, so I guess that's how I'm keeping busy... what about you? I really wish you were here. Also, Fred's mad at you because you didn't say goodbye to him at the train station so expect an earful the next time you see him. That reminds me, he did not say hello. It's only a few weeks till September though so then I get to see you again :)
P.S. there was one thing I wanted to talk to you about...it's something you said at the train station...yeah.
From your amazing boyfriend,
George Weasley