Detention

Your POV

Christmas break was over and classes were resuming. Charlotte and I were walking to our first class of the day, potions. We actually had double potions. It sucked.

"Can't you walk any faster!?" Charlotte urged, as we hurried down the hallway.

"We wouldn't be late if you hadn't insisted on going back to our dorm to grab a sweater!" I said back.

"Snape's classroom is cold okay?" She muttered.

As soon as we got to class, Charlotte ran inside and quickly found a seat. Since we were late there was barely any left. I scanned the room for an empty spot, and I found one. Right next to George. Great.

I sighed and walked over to the spot. Why wasn't Fred sitting next to him? I thought. Fred was sitting next to Lee.

"Is anyone sitting here?" I ask, my voice wasn't kind at all. I wasn't trying to be polite, I was trying to find a seat.

"Oh uh no" He said back and moved his books so I had space for mine on the desk.

I sat down and began taking out my books, refusing to meet eyes with him. Sure I was being petty, but I had every reason to.

"Now that our last two students have decided to join us, I will begin our lesson." Snape said from the front of the classroom. "Now open your books,"

I was listening to the lesson and trying to take notes, I didn't want to give Snape another reason to be mad at me.

"Psst y/n, y/n, y/n" George whispered.

"Shhhh" I put my finger over my lip and glared at him.

"Weasley, Y/l/n, is there something you would like to share with the class?" Snape asked.

"No professor" I reply, my face going red.

"There is to be no talking in my class, if I hear you two again you should expect detention" He growled and turned back to his blackboard.

I sent another glare at George and went back to my note taking.

"I was just going to say I liked your shirt" George whispered.

"I'm wearing my uniform dimwit" I whispered back, annoyed.

"Well then I like your uniform" he says calmly.

"If you don't shut up, we are going to get detention" I hissed. But at that, Snape dramatically turned around, his robe twirling with him.

"Weasley! Y/l/n! I warned you two, but now you both have detention, see me after class" Snape snapped.

I scoffed and crossed my arms. Thanks a lot George. I thought to myself.

*** After class***

Class finished and I gave a wave to Charlotte as she left. I then walked to the front of the classroom, where Snape was standing. George was still gathering up his books. He finally made his way to the front as well.

"You both will be having an hour long detention after your final class of the day" Snape explains.

"What!? But it was his fault, he was the one talking to me" I protested.

"Hmm that's strange y/l/n because I thought I heard you talking the most" Snape said.

"So then what's our punishment?" George asked.

"You will sit in silence, I am sure you will both find that very difficult"

What an unusual punishment, I had never received a detention where all you had to do was sit quietly.

Flashback third person POV

"What do you boys want?" Snape sighed.

"We just need a favour" Fred replied.

"Why would I do you two a favour?" Snape asked.

"It's very simple! You barely have to do anything." George pleaded

"All you have to do is give y/n and George a detention alone together" Fred explained.

"And what kind of detention would you suggest?" Snape asked, not amused.

"Maybe, just have them sit in a classroom or something?" Fred offered.

"And why would I help you with you love life?" Scoffed Snape.

"Cause if you do, we won't pull any pranks on you, for the rest of the year" George explains.

Snape takes this into consideration for a moment. The rest of the year, free from the twins pranks.

Just then a few students walked in for class.

"You should be finding your seats." Snape says and turns away from the clueless boys.

Back to the present

"Thanks for throwing me under the bus" George said as we walked out of Snape's class.

"Oh trust me, if there was a real bus driving by, I wouldn't hesitate to push you" I shot back.

It was now after all our classes and I was waiting outside of Snape's classroom for my odd detention. George came happily walking down the hall shortly after I arrived. I looked at him strangely and that made the smile on his face disappear.

"Come in." Snape said and stepped out of the doorway. We walked in and I found a seat, the one furthest away from George. "Now your time starts now, I will be back in an hour" he says and leaves the room, leaving just me and George.

"So..." George begins.

"We aren't supposed to be talking" I growled.

"You used to be nice" George scoffs.

"Yeah and I thought you were too" I shoot back.

"What's that supposed to mean!?" He asks

"It means that I used to think you were nice, before you and you best buddy Fred decided to pull a prank on me!"

"What prank!?"

"Oh don't act so oblivious! You and Fred thought it would be funny to befriend the nice Hufflepuff girl, make her fall for you, and then embarrass her by asking out someone else!"

"What do you mean!?"

"I can't even talk to you!" I shouted, annoyed that he was playing dumb. I turned to face forward, a scowl still on my face.

There were a few minutes of silence.

"It wasn't a prank" George says quietly. I keep my head facing forwards. "I really did like you y/n, I was a huge idiot to not ask you to the ball. I understand if you're mad at me, but don't take this out on Fred, he was only trying to help"

I don't say anything, scared he is still acting. But his words sounded genuine. They sounded like he really was serious.

"I wouldn't hurt you like that y/n" he sighs.

"But you did" I respond.

"and I've regretted it every day since" he says back.

"That doesn't change what you did"

"I know that, and I get it if you don't want to forgive me. But I just want you to know, you looked gorgeous in your dress, at the ball and that I truly like you y/n, I have since I first accidentally climbed into bed next to you" he chuckles.

His words put a small smile on my face, but I don't respond. I don't know what to say. We just sit in an uncomfortable silence for the rest of the hour, both of us too scared to speak.

So he did really like me back.