The train

Time skip to the day before sixth year begins

I was lugging my trunk down the stairs, eager to get back to my friends at Hogwarts.

"Did you hear what happened at the Quidditch World Cup?" My dad asks my uncle. My uncle was here to drop off Maggie. It was her first year going to Hogwarts but both her parents had work today, so we would be taking her to Kings Cross station.

"Yes, what a tragedy" my uncle replies. "Oh hello y/n"

"Hello" I say reaching the last step.

"Y/n!" Maggie exclaims and runs towards me. She gives me a big hug. "I'm going to Hogwarts!"

"Wow!" I grin.

"Well, I better be going, my shift starts in half an hour, goodbye Maggie I love you. Have a great year, and if you need anything y/n will be there to help" my uncle says giving his daughter a hug.

"Goodbye dad, I'll miss you very much" she says.

"Goodbye sweetheart" he says to Maggie and then heads to the door "thanks again" he says to my dad.

"No worries" my dad replies. My uncle leaves and then my dad turns to Maggie and I.

"So, you have all your things?" He asks. We both nod.

About a week ago, my mom had taken me to Diagon Alley to shop for school supplies.

"Alright then, let's get going." He helps us load our trunks into the car. We sit in the backseat and my mom and dad sit in the front. Maggie is practically jumping from excitement in the back.

Once we get to the station, I can tell her excitement has been replaced with fear. I grab her hand and give her a nod. She smiles and we get our stuff out of the car. We get carts to help push all our luggage and walk to platform 9 3/4.

"So you just have to run through that wall right there" I say pointing to the brick wall. She looks up at me like I'm crazy. "Here, I'll go first." I say and get ready to go through the wall. I take a few steps back and get a running start. I shut my eyes tightly, since I always still expect to collide with the wall, but I never do. I make it smoothly through the wall and I'm at the platform. I move to the side to make way for Maggie to come through. When she does her eyes are also shut tightly. But when she opens them, they are filled with wonder.

"Woooaaaa" she gasps.

"I know, cool right?" I smile. She nods excitedly.

My parents soon come through the wall too and say their goodbyes.

"Have a wonderful year girls!" My mother calls as the train pulls away. We wave and smile as she gets further and further away.

"Well, let's find some seats shall we?" I say. Maggie nods.

I see Jess entering a compartment a little ways down.

"Here come with me" I say grabbing Maggie's hand. I drag her to Jess' compartment.

"Y/n!" Jess says pulling me into a tight hug. "I missed you!" She exclaims.

"I missed you too, this is Maggie" I say, moving so that Maggie wasn't standing behind me anymore.

"Hi Maggie, I've heard wonderful things about you" Jess smiles.

"Hi" Maggie replies shyly.

"Mind if we sit?" I ask.

"Oh of course of course!" Jess exclaims moving into the compartment so we could get in as well.

"Now Maggie, can you guess what house Jess is in?" I ask

"Hmm...Gryffindor?" She guesses.

"Nope, Slytherin" Jess answers.

"Really?" Maggie asks.

"Uh huh, most people find it strange too, but I believe that the sorting hat makes no mistakes and that I had something to learn from being in Slytherin" Jess explains.
Maggie nods "so even if you do get Slytherin, Jess will be there" I say. She nods again.
Then there is a knock on the door.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" A lady asks.

"Three chocolate frogs." I say. Maggie beams happily. The lady hands us our treats and I pay her. We begin to open the packages and I stupidly forgot to close the door and my chocolate jumps out into the hall. I chase after it and I dive to the floor to catch it.

                                                              George's POV

"Bye mum!" I called from the train. We got further and further away so I sat back down.

"A new year Georgie, what do you think it will bring?" Fred asks. I get distracted from his question by seeing a girl with y/h/c walk by our compartment, I knew it was y/n. I watched as she walked over to her friend Jess and gave her a big hug. There was also a younger girl with her.

"George. George. George. George!" Fred shouts.

"Huh what?" I ask, bringing my attention back to him.

"What's got you distracted?" He asks and gets up to see. He sees y/n getting into the compartment, across and two to the right, from ours.

"Ooooh I see" he says with a smirk. "You gonna tell her how you feel this year?" He asks

"I dunno" I shrug.

"Are you stupid?" He says with an annoyed tone. "You saw how jealous you got with her and Diggory and they weren't even really dating"

"I mean I guess..." I'm interrupted by a thud outside. I open the door and see y/n on all fours, her hands cupped on the ground. I look at her confused. She slowly opens her hands to reveal nothing.

"Ugh" she sighs. I clear my throat and she looks up at me.

"Oh hey George" she says standing up and brushing off her pants.

"Hey y/n, what were you doing?" I ask

"Trying to catch my chocolate frog" she replies.

"And you say we're obsessed with chocolate" Fred says. She chuckles

"Hey Fred"

"Hey y/n, wanna sit for a minute?" he offers. She is hesitant but then says

"Only a minute" she sits down next to me.

"So how was your guys' break?" She asks

"Good, except that incident at the quidditch World Cup" I answer.

"Oh yeah, my dad was talking about that, were you guys alright?"

"We're fine" I reply.

"Hey y/n, would you mind doing us a favour?" Fred asks. I look at him confused.

"Uh...depends" she laughs.

"Well George and I have been making these products and inventions, in hopes of opening a joke shop of our own one day, and I was wondering if you would help us test a product?" He explains. I didn't know what he was doing.

"That's cool, but how am I supposed to test this product?" She asks

"You just need to smell this and let me know how it smells" he says handing her a small bottle.

"Uh... ok" she shrugs and takes a whiff of the liquid inside the bottle.

"It smells like... campfire smoke, cedar trees and cinnamon, kind of like you George" she answers. Fred has a big grin on his face.

"Thank you y/n, you have helped very much" he says.

"Ok...well I have to be getting back to my friends, see you guys at school" she says and stands up.

"Bye!" I call after her as she leaves. I then turn to Fred who is giggling like a little girl

"Seriously?"