Champions

It is now the end of October

Everyone was sitting in the Great Hall, waiting for the new schools to show up. I was talking with Charlotte when the Dumbledore announced the first school.

"Everyone welcome, the lovely ladies of beauxbatons!"
A bunch of beautiful girls in blue dresses skipped into the Hall. Every boy's eyes were on them, and I didn't blame them, they were gorgeous.

"and now Durmstrang!"

A bunch of boys walked into the hall and this time all the girls' were staring. I honestly didn't see the big deal. Maybe it was because I had a crush of my own.

"Now the champions will be chosen soon so anyone who wishes to have the chance to compete, must enter their name!" Dumbledore announces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting on a bench with Charlotte watching people put their names into the cup. I saw the twins come into the room. They high-fived a few people with their free hands. In the other were two age potions. They had a small conversation with Hermione and then I watched as they drank the potions and jumped over the age circle. People cheered once they got in. They grinned and put in their names.

They looked very pleased with themselves until the goblet shot the pieces of parchment back out and threw them out of the circle. They sat up and looked at each other. They looked like old men. A fight broke out and everyone was laughing. I then saw Cedric walk in with some of his friends. They shoved him into the circle and he laughed as he put his name into the goblet.

Later I caught up with him in the hall.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey y/n, what's up?" He asks

"You didn't tell me you were putting your name in" I reply.

"Sorry" he says looking down.

"No no, I'm not mad, I just want to say, be careful" I quickly say.

"Worried about me?" He asks, wiggling his eyebrows.

"You know what, don't be careful" I roll my eyes.

"Fine, sorry. I will be careful, and that's only if I even get picked, it's quite unlikely" he replies. I nod and then go back to my dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"VIKTOR KRUM!" Dumbledore called out. The goblet then shot out another name.
"BEAUXBATONS CHAMPION, FLEUR DELCOUR!" Everyone sat on the edge of their seats, waiting for the Hogwarts champion to be announced.

"CEDRIC DIGGORY!"

I watched as he walked to the room with the other champions smiling. I was worried for him, but I knew that he would be ok.

Just then something strange happened. The goblet shot out another piece of parchment.

"HARRY POTTER!?" Dumbledore yelled. Everyone looked at Harry who looked just as shocked as anyone. "HARRY POTTER!?" Dumbledore called out again. His friend Hermione had to shove him for him to move. He nervously walked into the room. How had he gotten his name into the cup. He was only fourteen. It was obvious he hadn't put his name in. But then, who had?

Sorry it's a really short chapter