The love triangle +1

The time came to go back to Hogwarts and we all packed up our things.

On the way out of the door I saw mum say something quietly to y/n.

"What'd she say?" I ask as soon as y/n walks up to me.

"She just asked me to keep an eye on you" y/n tells me, "and him"

She points to Fred who keeps tapping the door frame and singing a limerick about being tall.

I nod understandingly and we head out the door and leave for the train.

We go through to platform 9 3/4 and someone behind us shouts,

"Y/N!"

We turn to see Maggie sprinting towards us and then giving y/n a big hug.

"Oomph, hey Mags" y/n laughs hugging back.

"Why didn't you come home for Christmas?" She asks sadly.

"Cause I was staying with George" y/n replies.

Maggie turns and glares at me.

"Y/n, y/n she's scaring me" I whisper.

"Hey, but you got my present right?" Y/n asks.

Maggie turns her attention back to y/n.

"Yeah, but I never get to see you anymore" she sighs.

"Well I'll tell you what, we are going to choose one night of the week to hang out together in the common room, just you and me, ok?" Y/n offers.

"Really?" Maggie asks happily.

"Of course!" Y/n says and gives her another hug.

"Can I sit with you on the train?"

"If it's ok with these two" y/n replies, pointing to Fred and I.

"I'm ok with it" Fred shrugs.

Maggie goes back to glaring at me.

"Y-yeah I'm ok too" I say quickly.

"Good, now we should probably board soon, don't want to miss the train" y/n says and grabs Maggie's hand.

We find a compartment and just as we sit down, the train begins to move.

"So how was Christmas at home?" Y/n asks Maggie.

"Boring. The adults just talked while I sat playing solitaire"

"I'm sorry" y/n sighs.

"Oh no- hide me" Maggie says and ducks behind y/n.

"What? You good?" Y/n chuckles.

Maggie peeks her head up, gives a sigh of relief and sits back normally.

"What was that about?" Y/n asks.

"Peter Sharp" Maggie mutters.

"What about him?"

"I have a problem" Maggie sighs.

"What?"

"You guys promise you not tell anyone...all of you" she looks at Fred and I, who had been listening intently.

We both nod and wait for her to go on.

"Well, I like these two boys and they both told me they like me too, and I don't know who to pick" Maggie explains.

"Isn't she twelve?" Fred whispers to me.

"Yeah" I whisper back.

"Oh, alright" he nods.

"Tell us about these boys" y/n says.

"Well Peter is in Ravenclaw and I have transfiguration class with him and he's really funny and stuff...but then there's Eric who's in Slytherin and we have potions together and he's really nice and helpful... what should I do?"

"Ok, Mags I have to remind you, you are twelve so I don't think you're going to be getting into anything too serious" y/n chuckles.

"Yeah, I know" Maggie sighs.

"So, what I suggest -and I'm not going to force you to take my advice- but you say that you aren't in the market for any 'relationships' and that you should just be friends until you're a little older" Y/n says.

"Yeah, I guess so...thanks y/n" she smiles.

"No problem." Y/n smiles back.

Fred suddenly clears his throat rather loudly and we all turn to look at him.

"Sorry, but I was just wondering why there's no Gryffindors included in that love triangle of yours" he says "not your type?"

"None of them have shown me any interest." Maggie states.

"Fair point..." Fred seems to be pondering something.

"And it's already complicated as it is"

"Oh, then I guess telling you that I heard someone telling their friends about how much they liked you in the Gryffindor common room wouldn't help the situation?" Fred inquires.

"What?" Maggie asks.

Y/n sighs and rolls her head back.

"Nothing, just that a certain Aaron Crawford was saying how good you are at Herbology" Fred shrugs.

"He did?" Maggie asks leaning on the table.

"Oh god" y/n shakes her head.

"He sure did. But, I must be incorrect since apparently 'no Gryffindor's have shown any interest in you'" Fred uses air quotes for his last statement.

'Twelve years old' y/n mouths to me.

I just nod and watch as Charlotte asks Fred a million questions about what he heard Aaron saying.

This was kinda just a filler chapter, some more time with Maggie yk :)