The Yule Ball

"Y/n,  y/n,  oh y/n" Charlotte sang beside me, trying to wake me up. I continued to lay there "Y/N!" she shouted and shook me.
"Whaaaat" I whined.

"Today is the Yule Ball!" She cheered.

"Nice" I said and rolled back over.

"Wake up!" She said and pulled my arm

"Fine fine fine fine fine" I grumbled and sat up.

"The Yule Ball is in exactly 10 and a half hours" Charlotte chimed.

"Merlin what time is it?" I asked looking around the room.

"9:30, figured I'd let you get your beauty rest" She smiled.

"We'll give me about another thirty minutes of it" I grumbled and laid back down.

"Nope nope nope! We have to eat, and you have to help me with my hair, and nails, and much much more!" She cheered. She was too much of a morning person.

I rolled out of bed and walked over to the bathroom and changed into some comfortable clothes for the day before the ball.

"Breakfast?" I asked once I was changed.

"Of course! I think they're still serving it" she said happily.

We walked to the Great Hall and sat down. I put some food on my plate and began to talk with Charlotte. I looked over to the Gryffindor table and saw Fred and George. I scowled and felt myself begin to get angry. But I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. I turned my focus back to Charlotte who was going on about how she wanted her hair to be done.

When it was finally and hour before the Yule Ball, we began to get ready.

"Ok y/n, I'll do your makeup before you put on your gown, just so it doesn't stain anything" Charlotte explained. Jess was there too, getting ready with us.

"Oook and done! Now go put on your dress!" Charlotte cheered. She was very... enthusiastic.

"Ok ok" I said, motioning with my hands for her to calm down. I went and changed into my mother's gown. It fit me perfectly and it was even more gorgeous on. I slowly stepped out and both girls gasped.

"Y/n...you look so..."

"Good" Jess finished Charlottes sentence. I beamed happily.

"Twirl! Twirl! Twirl!" The girls chanted. I gave them a spin and they both cheered.

"Ok, now I'll go get changed" Jess smiled. She came back out, wearing a beautiful royal purple satin gown. It looked amazing with her dark brown hair. Charlotte and I clapped happily at her and she smiled.

"Now me!" Charlotte exclaimed and rushed into the bathroom, not long after, she came out wearing baby blue dress which was short in the front but had a poofy long train in the back. She spun around happily and giggled.

Now it was time for us to do our hair and then, the ball. I did Charlotte's hair, she did Jess' and Jess did mine.

"Jess what are you doing?" I asked in horror, looking at the rat's nest on my head, which was my hair.

"Just trust the process" she says calmly.

"Uh....ok, but if I end up having hair like this for the Yule Ball, I will blame you" I say back. Jess nods. About ten minutes later, she finished. Surprisingly it looked really good. I helped them with their hair, and it was time.

We put on our shoes and headed to the ball. First Jess walked down the staircase, then Charlotte, then myself. The whole time I was just thinking,

Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall, don't fall, don't fall

And I didn't. At the bottom I was greeted by Cedric.

"You look like a penguin" I grin, looking him up and down in his dress robes

"You.....I got nothing" he sighs.

"Really? So I look good?" I tease.

"Wait I got it!"

"Nope, I already took the compliment Diggory" I say before he can spit out his insult.

Then it was time for the Champions to walk in with their dates. Or in mine and Cedric's case friend.

I linked arms with him and the doors opened. It was so magical inside. Their were decorations and a dance floor. I smiled brightly as I walked in, taking in the whole place. I didn't even notice all the stares from the crowd.

         Third person POV (I know some of you may hate this but...I have to)

Everyone watched as the Champions walked in with their partners. But someone specific had their eyes on Diggory and his 'date'.

George watched as y/n walked in, arms linked with Cedric. She looked completely, utterly, beautiful.

"Yeah, just friends my ass" George growled.

"Hmm?" Fred hummed from beside him.

"She seriously came with him" George scowled.
Fred looked over at y/n and Cedric walking in. "No George, you do not get to do that" Fred said to his twin. George turned to him. "You do not get to come and criticize who she came to the ball with, when you couldn't even muster up the strength to ask her yourself. You knew she liked you and that it would be perfect to ask her, but noooo you had to go and be all like 'Oh HeRe'S sOmE oThEr GrYfFiNdOr GiRl I'lL aSk HeR, la di di la di die, FuCk Y/n, EvEn ThOuGh I aM hOpeLeSsLy In LoVe WiTh HeR" Fred snarled.

George was silent for a second. He didn't know how to respond. Everything his brother had just said was true. He didn't know why he asked Alicia to the ball, it just happened. Was he upset that Fred had asked y/n to the ball? He knew it wasn't real right? Then why had he asked someone else when y/n was right there, liking him back and open to going with him. George just sighed.

"You're such a bloody ass sometimes" Fred said annoyed and went off to find his date.
George just watched as y/n and Cedric danced. He was jealous but knew it was all his fault. Y/n probably hated him now, and it was all his fault.

                                                            Back to your POV

Even though he took someone else, I didn't let George ruin my night. I still had a great time with my best friend we danced and ate and had a lot of fun.

I sat down at a table when a slow song began to play. It was one of those, cheesy, rom-com, romantic ones.

"I hate this song" I grumbled.

"Maybe I can change that, care to dance?" Cedric asked, extending his arm. I rolled my eyes and took his hand. He lead me to the dance floor. He placed his hands above my waist and I put mine on his shoulders. We slow danced but then he began dramatically lip syncing the lyrics. I tried to hold in my giggles but then joined him.

We got some strange looks from others but I didn't care, I was having a really great time.

The ball came to and end Cedric walked me back to my dorm.

"Well, y/n, this is where we part, goodnight" he smiles.

"Goodnight Ced, and thanks, for taking me tonight, being my company" I smiled warmly.

"Well, I didn't really have a choice did I? A deal's a deal" he jokes. I playfully shove his arm.

"Goodnight Diggory" I roll my eyes.

"Wow, not even a goodnight kiss, what a rip off" he sighs. I chuckle and give him a peck on the cheek.

"Goodnight Diggory" I repeat.

"Night y/n" he sings.

I walk into my dorm and lay down on my bed. I was too tired from dancing to change out of my dress. I just laid there, replaying the evening's events over in my head. I had caught George staring at me a couple times but I shook him off. Let him see me looking good. Let him suffer.