Easy option

I rubbed my eyes and looked around. I was still in my dorm.

I felt fine for a moment but then I remembered yesterday's events. I groaned and pulled the blankets back over my head.

"Y/n you can't hide under the covers forever" Charlotte says walking over to my bed.

"Yes I can!" I reply and shut my eyes.

"Y/n..." She begins pulling the covers off of me.

She stands there for a moment, not knowing what to say.

"Can you hand me that parchment and quill?" I ask. Charlotte nods and goes to retrieve
the items from my desk.

"What are you doing?" She asks as I begin to write.

"Asking my parents if I can transfer schools"

"Y/n!" She growls, snatching the page.

"What?!"

"Cmon, just get out of bed... Y'know the second task is tomorrow"

"Yeah, and?" I ask annoyed that she was literally dragging me out of my bed.

"Don't you want to cheer on your friend?"

"What? Who?"

"Cedric! Who else?" She rolls her eyes.

"Oh yeah...fine whatever" I sigh and begin to get dressed.

We get to the Great Hall for breakfast and sit down at the Hufflepuff table. Cedric was a few seats down flirting with some random girls.

Yes, Charlotte and me cheering him on would make such a difference to him.

"So I wonder what the second task will be..." Charlotte ponders.

"Holding your breath under water for an hour in the black lake trying to retrieve what someone took" I answer nonchalantly.

"Wh- how did you know all that?" Charlotte asks confused.

"The egg" I say bluntly.

Just then I notice that George has been staring at me. I quickly look down trying to avoid his gaze. I was still trying to figure out what in the world I was supposed to do.

Later that day I was walking back to my dorm since Charlotte was at the library. I had almost gotten through the whole day avoiding George.

"Y/n!"

Spoke to soon.

"Hey George" I sigh.

"Hey, how are you?" He asks awkwardly.

"Fine, you?"

"I'm alright...I uh was just wondering how you were since I never really got to talk to you after detention yesterday..." he says looking down.

"Mhmm"

"I-"

"Look George I don't know what you want me to say" I cut him off.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Do you want me to admit I like you back, because I've already done that" I say.

"No, I just want you to trust me again. Right now you're acting like you hate me" he shoots back.

"Well it's kind of hard to trust you right now" I reply.

"Why?" He asks. We were both starting to get angry.

"Well if you'd really like to know, I find it hard to trust you because I can't tell whether you actually like me or if it's all some prank. I mean, one minute you apparently going to ask me to the ball, and I'm happy about it and the next, you're off with some other girl and I'm embarrassed and lonely" I rant.