⑥Then Why Are You Talking To Me?

“Alright, this is the house,” Yoongi announced as they sauntered inside.

“It’s pretty!” the violet-haired boy screeched with a grin as he scuttled further inside, scanning the cozy house.

“We’re gonna live with a five-year-old? Really now?” Jeongguk muttered as he spectated the boy dashing from one place to another, a grimace of distaste adorning his features.

“Kook. Stop. Just leave him alone.”

“No, Yoongi, I won’t. Did you see how he talked to me in the car?”

“You started it. He just wanted to apologize.”

“Are you really taking his side?” Jeongguk whispered, eyes big and tense as he shot daggers at him. “Fuck this.” He pivoted, ready to storm off, but before he could take a step, Yoongi snatched his hand and spun him around.

“Yes, I am, and you know why? Because you’re not cool, man,” he snarled as he prodded his chest with his finger, his voice loud enough to draw Taehyung’s eyes to them and make him drop his smile.

“It’s okay, Yoongi,” the violet-haired boy uttered as he trudged closer, plastering a faint smile on his face once again. “If he wants to be an ass, let him. But I’ll be one as well.” He wiggled his brows as he cast a derisive look at Jeongguk, clearly inflaming his riled-up state.

Jeongguk wordlessly neared him, jaw clenched, eyes cruel and blazing with annoyance which upsurged with every step and was on the brink of consuming him once he stood a breath away from him.

Even if Taehyung felt a flutter of fear, he concealed it with his usual smile and puffed up his chest, tilting his head to the side and raising a scoffing brow at him.

The eruptive eye contact carried on for a few more seconds, something that sent Taehyung’s heart in turbulence, and when it was ready to jump out of its place, the caramel-haired boy charged towards his room, letting all the oxygen he stole from him rush back to his lungs.

He sighed a trembling breath and swallowed hard before he presented his small smile to the two boys.

“I can tell you’re not made to be an ass, Taehyung. You can’t be mean,” Yoongi said as he gazed at him with sullen eyes.

“I can be mean just fine. You saw in the car, right? After what I said, he shut up. And he didn’t say anything now either.”

“That doesn’t mean anything, trust me. If you continue to provoke him, you’ll get hurt.”

“How? Is he gonna hit me or something?”

“No, no. He gets angry easily, but he doesn’t get physical. At least not anymore.”

“Then what?” Taehyung narrowed his eyes on them as they shared a look and fixed his gaze on Hoseok at last.

“He’ll break you. The things he says sometimes are really hurtful. So I—I’m just saying you shouldn’t provoke him. What you said before that you don’t play dirty? Well, he does. You have no idea how dirty he can play.”

“Why the hell aren’t you guys doing anything then? He’s your friend! Talk to him or something.”

“You really think we haven’t? Look, he just doesn’t do well with changes, okay? You coming here is a major change for him and he gets aggressive to deal with it,” Yoongi spoke this time.

“Why is he like this with Jimin and not with Namjoon and Seokjin?”

“Because Jimin always pushes back. They bicker all the time, and if you continue like this, you’ll end up bickering with him all the time too. And you’re gonna live here, probably. You really want to fight with him every day?”