㉛That's Enough For Me

A spasm of ache crossed Taehyung’s face first things first when he woke up, pulling a stifled whine out of him. The surface his head was resting came into his focus then, finding it a lot harder than usual, and he unsealed his eyes to examine the situation he was into.

He was met with a sturdy, thankfully clothed chest, and lifted his head to trace out the owner. Why is he in my bed? He puzzled over this question for a while, endeavoring to find an answer in his aching, dopey head, but he had no luck whatsoever.

With a mental shrug, he nuzzled against him as he swathed an arm around him and hooked his leg between his as if he were his human pillow. This is so nice. The corner of his lips curved into a blissful smile, melting in his warm hug and wishing he could stay there for hours.

A few moments flowed by as he fixed his attention on the soothing sound of Jeongguk’s breathing and heart, which seemed to pulse a notch faster than normal. Why do I feel like something important happened yesterday?

His thoughts halted as he felt the heat beside him shift a bit and a delicate hand wander on his back. “Kook?”

He gave him a soft hum in response, pretending that he just woke up. Honestly, he wanted to continue pretending to sleep, but he was pining to know if Taehyung remembered anything from yesterday.

“Why are you in my bed?”

He didn’t think a simple question could make him feel relieved and crushed at the same time, but that was exactly what he felt at that moment. “I helped you lie down yesterday and I was too lazy to leave.”

Taehyung drew back an inch to meet his gaze, losing his words for a moment as he couldn’t believe how beautiful he was even when he just woke up. “I don’t remember... anything. But why do I feel like something important happened yesterday?”

Jeongguk pushed a strand of hair behind his ear and stroked the side of his neck, shoulder, and biceps before letting his hand travel back to his nape at the same slow, savory pace. “Nothing happened. We just drank, watched the fireworks, ate, drank some more, danced a bit, and then I brought you here to sleep.”

“But I remember... being in the bathroom with Jimin for a while. Why?”

“Probably he helped you wash your face because you were already drunk then. Don’t dwell on it.”

“And we had a good time? I didn’t ruin our night because I was drunk, right?”

“No, Tae. You didn’t ruin anything. We had an amazing time. And especially me.”

“Why?”

“Because I enjoyed taking care of you. It felt good... to have someone to take care of.”

Taehyung stared in doe-eyed amazement at his mildly spoken words as his stomach did tiny flips, a feeling that was all too familiar, as if he experienced it recently. “Tell me what happened yesterday.”

“I told you, Tae. Nothing—“

“You’re lying,” he cut him off as he pulled himself to a sitting position, a glint of tumult blazing in his eyes. “I f-feel—I feel, ugh.” He buried his face in his hands then, massaging his pounding head.

“You can ask the others too if you don’t believe me,” he uttered in the softest voice as he sat next to him, rubbing calming circles on his back.

Then why do I feel this way? There’s definitely something I have to remember. But why is Jeongguk lying to me?

“I told you to not dwell on it. Go freshen up, and I’ll make you a tea.” He caressed his shoulder and crawled out of bed, hoping the others would be awake.