㉜Interesting

The howling wind hit Jeongguk's skin in fierce waves as he contemplated the dark place, trying to figure out where he was. That boisterous wind passed through the trees and all the greenery, creating a whistling, hair-raising sound that made the scenery even more dreadful.

Quiet sobs and whimpers rang in his ears then, and he moved towards the sound with halting steps. He walked and walked until another figure appeared standing completely still and froze in his spot, analyzing it through agonized eyes. His lips parted around a gasp once he noticed the figure's purple hair, and he surged forward, brimmed with consternation.

"Tae—" His eyes bulged when he registered that Taehyung was standing in front of a cliff, tears trickling down his impassive face. He grasped his shoulders and pulled him to his side, but Taehyung shoved him with full force.

"Why did you do it?"

"W-what are you talking about, Tae?"

"Why?" Taehyung roared through his muted sobs, squeezing the knife in his hand tighter and tighter. "You promised."

His eyes flooded with tears by his extreme confusion as it pricked his heart to see the boy he was so fond of cry uncontrollably. "Please—please tell me what is going on."

"Why did you do it?"

"Let's just leave this place, hm? I don't want to be here," he choked out as he neared him, cupping his face in a gentle grip.

"You promised!" he cried out as he lifted the knife and struck it into his thigh, instantly piercing screams falling from Jeongguk's lips.

The younger crashed down the ground, groaning in excruciating pain as everything in his vision became blurry. "Tae," he called through his whines as he perceived the boy walking towards the cliff. "No!" He strove to heave himself to his feet despite the pain and barely succeeded, watching as Taehyung came to a halt and twisted around to face him.

"You promised," he whispered, a sorrowful smile forming on his face, and he closed his tearful eyes as he leaned back.

"No, no, no!" He reached out to get a hold of him, but the violet-haired boy was already long gone.

Jeongguk jolted in his place as he snapped his eyes open and sat bolt upright in panic, fitful breaths leaving his mouth and droplets of sweat dripping down his temples.

It had been a while since he last had a nightmare, but for a few days now, he had been having the same awful dream every night. The only difference this time was that Taehyung fell off the cliff. Why did he fall this time? It usually ended after he stabbed me.

Two knocks drew him out of his thoughts, and a head peeping out through the slightly open door a second later raised a tiny smile from him.

"Are you okay? I heard you screaming," Taehyung whispered, a frown of worry adorning his traits.

"Yeah, I just had a nightmare."

"Really? I think it's been a while since the last time you had one. Is it because we're going back to uni today?" His voice contained something impish at the end, wanting to mellow any ounce of Jeongguk's distress.

His cute attempt to tease was successful as it evoked a mild chuckle from him. "No, I keep seeing the same dream for a few days now."

"What is it about?"

"Just something from the past. Don't worry about it."

Although his words didn't convince him, Taehyung nodded with a small smile. "Okay. I'll go get changed."

"Wait, what time is it?"

"Your alarm will go off in ten minutes, so you should get out of bed. It'll be hard to wake up if you sleep now."