㉒Do I Really Have To?

A carefree smile embellished Jeongguk’s features as he trod towards the kitchen to grab his favorite drink, planning to loll about in the living room and relish the few hours he had the house all to himself to the max.

As the other boys went to Seokjin’s house to hang out, he chose to stay home and spend his time watching trash shows to free his mind of every thought.

But, to be honest, one thing occupied his mind the most over the last two days. The events that took place when Taehyung witnessed his frenzy after his torturing nightmare.

How he was able to calm him down, how he didn’t let go of his hand, how he helped him stay sane. And the answer to why he couldn’t give him a fair shot to be friends.

Taehyung, being the stubborn guy he was, pestered him the last two days to give him an answer for at least ten minutes each day. He also nagged him to explain how he ended up in his bed because all Jeongguk said to him was that he had no idea how that happened.

There was no way he would admit that he carried him to his room. That would only make Taehyung think he was soft, and he wasn’t soft for anyone except for his two best friends.

“Fuck, just stop thinking about him,” he muttered as he lightly slapped his face and bloated his cheeks with a long exhale meant to reason himself. Because it was obviously insane to think about that annoying guy almost nonstop.

He flicked through the channels until he found a random drama and forced his mind to empty as he sipped his banana milk.

“Jeongguk?”

“Fuck!” the said boy cried out as he jumped in his seat by the unexpected call of his name, his drink almost slipping out of his hold in the process. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“Um, I live here?”

He tsked at his matter-of-fact tone and scornfully raised brows as he focused his gaze on the TV again. “I mean why didn’t you go to Seokjin’s place with the others?”

“Didn’t feel like it.”

The sudden change of his tone to a quieter one baffled the younger and stirred him to glimpse at him, only to see a pouty face this time. “Are you sick or something?”

“Why, do I look sick?”

“Well, you never miss a chance to see your friends.”

“Oh. Yeah, but I wanted to focus on my novel since it’s Saturday,” Taehyung trailed off as he tinkered with the hem of his sweater, his eyes riveted on his flaccid actions.

His vision narrowed on the boy suspiciously, but it didn’t take him long to figure out he was lying. “If you say so.”

“Why didn’t you go?”

“Because I wanted some peace and quiet, but I won’t be getting any, am I?”

“Tsk, meanie,” he mumbled with a huffy moue as he threw him what was supposed to be a disdainful glare, but it seemed more of a gloomy one to Jeongguk.

The violet-haired boy slouched towards the kitchen and snatched a can of banana milk from the fridge. He peeked at Jeongguk while he timidly chewed on his bottom lip, holding his breath for a few seconds as he lapsed into his thoughts, but he brought himself back with a heavy sigh.

“You’re being very awkward, Kim. Just say it,” he uttered when he spotted the boy’s reflection on the TV and twisted around to inspect him.

“Um.” Taehyung neared him with a faltering tread, keeping his doe eyes on the floor. “There’s a scene I have to write.”