⑦Leave Me Alone

Jeongguk slumped down on the chair with a throaty sigh, still trying to kickstart his mind from his sleeping state. He put a good amount of cereal into a bowl and poured milk over it, filling it to the brim.

“Hey, man,” a half-asleep Hoseok greeted as he blinked a couple of times to adjust his sight to the bright kitchen and wilted on the chair next to him.

“Hey.”

“You just woke up. How can you be eating?”

“Don’t know, I’m hungry.”

“You didn’t eat anything last night, did you?”

Jeongguk cast him a sidelong glance and devoured some more of his cereal. “No.”

“Why?”

“Because.”

“Because?”

“Leave me alone, Hoseokie.”

“Maybe because Taehyung was in the kitchen for like three hours?” Hoseok rested his chin in his palm as he raised a brow at him, knowing he was right.

“Leave me alone.”

“He’s a disaster in the kitchen, man, you should have seen him struggling. It was funny.”

Jeongguk whipped his head in his direction, a wordless warning radiating from his intense gaze. “I don’t care.” He turned his attention to his cereal, but as he ate another spoonful, he began coughing hard upon seeing the violet-haired boy down the hallway trudge closer.

“You okay?” Hoseok patted his back, a worried frown settling on his features. He noticed his piercing stare and followed it with his eyes, only to see Taehyung approach, and his eyes bulged at the sight.

Dressed in tight shorts and a shirt that was falling off his shoulder, revealing his collarbone, the boy squinted his eyes as he arrived in the kitchen, having trouble understanding why Hoseok looked shocked and why Jeongguk was coughing like crazy.

“What?” He looked back and forth at the two who hadn’t stopped staring at him, still too sleepy to understand what was happening.

“Nice, Tae. Wow.” A slight smirk tugged at Hoseok’s lips as he raked his eyes all over his body, nodding his head in the process.

“What...” Taehyung whispered as he glanced at his outfit. “Oh. Sorry about that.” He tittered, voice still hoarse, and dragged his feet back to his bedroom.

“Talk about thighs and juicy ass—“

“Shut up,” Jeongguk hissed as his temper sparked for some reason, anger burning his chest.

“What?”

“Nothing, just shut up.”

“You’re always weird in the morning, but today you topped it.” Hoseok tsked and retreated to his room to get ready.

Jeongguk groaned the moment he was left alone and clutched his bowl, fighting his sudden urge to crush it and scream his anger out of his system. Why was he angry in the first place?

All dressed and ready to leave thirty minutes later, they headed to the car with Taehyung rambling about anything he could think of.

And while two of them seemed to enjoy chatting with the violet-haired boy, one of them was on the edge of throwing a fit.

“Do you ever shut up?” Jeongguk snarled five minutes into the ride as he twisted around to glower at him.