㊲I Don't Like This

Hoseok entered the house with a cheerful gait despite the chaotic day he had at work, wanting nothing more than to enjoy a cold beer, which always brought him tons of relaxation.

“Hey, man.”

“Hey. How was work?” Yoongi asked as he turned down the volume of the TV.

“Tiring as usual, but okay. You want a beer?”

“Yes.”

“What about you?” Hoseok grabbed two beer bottles from the fridge and headed to the living room.

“It was good. We’ll finish the logo we’ve been working on by tomorrow, I think.”

“Great! So your payday is coming. What are you gonna treat us?” A kittenish smile sprawled on Hoseok’s lips.

“You mean what am I gonna treat my boyfriend?”

“Tsk, boomer.”

Yoongi released an amused chuckle at his complaining tone and miffed expression, and playfully jabbed his finger into his ribs. “I’m kidding. We can all go out on Saturday and I’ll treat you whatever you want.”

“Seokjin and Namjoon won’t let you treat us anyway since they’re our hyungs. But the thought is what counts.” They both chuckled at his last remark before sipping their drink. “Is Taehyung in his room?”

“No, he hasn’t come home yet.”

“Really? Are you sure?”

“Well, I’ve been here for more than an hour so,” Yoongi stated with an idle shrug.

“That’s weird, right? He usually gets home even before me sometimes since his workplace is closer.”

Yoongi gave his observation a thought and indeed it was weird that Taehyung wasn’t home yet. “Should I call him?” He received a few nods from Hoseok and reached for his phone from the table.

It rang for a while, but he got no answer whatsoever, something that alarmed Hoseok and mystified Yoongi a tad. “I’m sure he’s fine. Maybe they kept him for a little more after his shift because they had a lot of customers or something,” Yoongi said, hoping he was right.

And they sat there waiting for Taehyung either to pick up his phone or appear, but he did neither of these things.

“I think we should call his boss to check. Jeongguk will be home soon and I’m pretty sure he’s gonna freak out just like us, not to say even more,” Hoseok said, clear disquiet coating his voice.

“Yeah, you’re right. Do you have his number?”

“We have the cafe’s number.” He swiftly opened the drawer to search for the flyer with the cafe’s information and dialed the number.

“Hello?”

“Hi, I’m Taehyung’s friend. He’s one of your employees.”

“Oh, hi. What’s up?”

“Taehyung isn’t there, right?”

“No, he left like an hour ago. I asked him to stay for thirty more minutes because we were swamped.”

“Oh, I see. Was everything okay with him? Did he say anything about if he had plans or something?”

“Hmm, he seemed a bit skeptical throughout his shift, but other than that, he was fine. And he said nothing about where he was going when he left. Is everything okay?”

“We don’t know, actually. He hasn’t returned home yet. Anyway, thank you for your time.”

“I hope he’s okay. If you hear from him, please let me know.”