⑨Should I Be Scared?

In the week that went by, things between Jeongguk and Taehyung didn’t get better, but at least didn’t get worse either.

They still fought about anything, they often ignored each other as well, but the glances didn’t cease in the slightest, no matter if they were pissed or not.

Taehyung attempted to approach him a few times to have a simple conversation like that night on the balcony, but the younger shut him down in a rather coarse way.

He didn’t know how to get to him, what he was supposed to do to make him talk to him. Every failed attempt reminded him of Hank, and the more Jeongguk pushed him away, the more worried and agitated Taehyung became.

If the story was to repeat and he didn’t do anything about it again, he wouldn’t be able to bear it.

🥀

Yoongi peeped at the caramel-haired boy once more as they waited for the other two to come so they could leave for uni. “So tomorrow is Saturday. The fourteenth.”

Jeongguk lifted his heavy-lidded eyes and gazed at him with a somber expression. “I reassure you I haven’t forgotten about it.”

“I’m just saying... Are you going to be okay?”

“Yeah, I’m going to be great like the past two years.”

“Kook, the past two years you got drunk and smashed your room.”

“And I’ll do the same this year as well.”

“Come on, Kook, please.”

“What do you want, Yoongi?” He sighed in frustration with an eye roll.

“I want you to be calm and not drink your ass off and then smash your room again. We can get through it together. We’re here for you, okay?”

Jeongguk eyed him as he nipped at his lower lip, and he nodded a few seconds later. “Thanks.”

Soon enough, Taehyung burst out of his room, his backpack in hand, his hair in a mess, and wearing only one sleeve of his jacket. “Sorry, sorry, I know, I slept late yesterday—Hoseok isn’t here yet?”

“No.” Yoongi snorted as he took in his messy state.

“Why the hell am I running then?” he muttered while he dropped his backpack to wear his jacket properly and then ruffled his hair, straightening them at last.

“No matter how much you tamper with your hair, you look awful.”

The violet-haired boy halted every movement upon hearing Jeongguk’s snide comment and darted his gaze at him, gnashing his teeth by his ever-growing vexation. “Thanks,” he sneered, contempt emanating from his eyes. “But as far as I remember, you called me pretty last week.”

“I never called you that.”

“You did.”

“I didn’t,” Jeongguk snarled as he neared him with one quick move, now looming over him.

“You did,” Taehyung snapped back while he swelled up his chest, showing no sign of intimidation.

“As if I would ever call pretty someone like you. You’re horrible.”