1

O N E

• • •

ADA

MY INFATUATION WITH ELISEO MATTHIOU ONLY GREW.

He was a senior and I was a freshman but that didn't really stop me from falling in love with him.

I paid a lot of attention to him around school; to his small intimate circle of friends, to his habits, and to the few girls that he fraternised with that were never really his 'girlfriends'.

I had learnt just by watching Eliseo that he was the hard-to-get type of guy and difficult to impress. He was aloof and not easily swayed by female advances.

Exactly my type of man.

"Addie!" A light slap on my cheek shook me back to reality, making my eyes pop open, "Are you still in there?"

Mario Matthiou's stupid handsome face was staring down at me as I blinked into focus, my hand slowly moving to rub my aggressively burning cheek.

"Of course, you stupid idiot!" I snapped at him angrily, snatching up the pen that had dropped from my hand while I was snoozing off like a loon, "Don't slap me again unless you want a kick in your balls!"

Meet Mario Matthiou; the boy I both adored and hated with all my heart. He had everything I wanted; the brains, the talent, and even the face. It was annoying being friends with such a perfect human being.

It was definitely a 'Matthiou thing' because all of the brothers were fascinatingly intelligent and perfect in their own ways.

It was enviable that they were just born this way and sometimes being around them and their perfection for too long did things to my sanity.

"Easy there tiger," Mario teased me, leaning back in his chair that like he hadn't just casually assaulted me, "You were really about to start drooling with your mouth open and all. I was only doing you a favour."

The library was possibly the worst place we could've chosen to study. Libraries made me think of nap time which was why I had been fighting sleep for the past thirty minutes that we had been sitting and attempting to study in our dreadful school library.

"I wasn't sleeping or drooling," I denied although I had been almost damn well on my way to dreamland, "I was thinking."

Mario grinned cheekily at me, his brow cocking up at me dubiously like he could see straight through my bluff. "Right."

In truth, his smile would've melted me if I was any other girl.