18

E I G H T E E N

• • •

ADA

"HEY, HEY. I SAID LET'S GO AND GET ICE CREAM TOGETHER. NOT LET'S GO AND DIE TOGETHER."

Booming laughter rang out at my words but I wasn't amused.

I should've have seen this coming.

Case was a classified high-school bad boy who owned a ravenous looking motorcycle.

The only thing that made him atypical from the usual stereotypical genre of bad boy was that he actually wasn't an asshole which most boys with edgy leather jackets tended to be.

At least he wasn't an asshole to me.

"Chill," Case cooed nonchalantly, trying to ease my angst, "My motorcycle is safe. I promise. You are in good hands. Trust me, Addie."

Trust me.

Case and I were friends now, I think.

Who would have known that we were a perfect match? Banter frenemies duo at worst and Flynn Ryder and Princess Rapunzel partners at best. He was honestly great company if you could overlook his slightly mean streak.

"I know that I am in safe hands," I replied hesitantly, cocking a hip, "But that doesn't mean that I still feel safe."

Case looked me dead in the eye. "It will be alright," He said assuredly, "I've got you. Just hold on tight. If you are afraid of the speed, we can test that."

"Test that?" I squeaked.

Case chuckled at my squeamishness. "Yes test that," He repeated, "I promise to go slow. It's your first time. I am not going to do anything rash."

I thought about my options even though I knew I would be giving in. Who was I to refuse ice cream? I wouldn't have even refused ice cream at a gun point.

"I am risking my life for you now," I warned Case as I clambered behind him on his motorcycle, "Ain't that crazy? We haven't even been friends for that long."

Case shook his head at my dramatics. "You are just going to have to trust me."

I patted his hard stomach. "I think I do."

"Hold on tight though."

I did.

I clutched desperately to him as he roared his motorcycle to life, squeezing my eyes tight.

I was one of those people who were faint hearted. I was admittedly scared of heights and anything that went too fast. Despite this, I also I liked the thrill of living on the edge from time to time. I could only hope this would be one of the experiences I liked.