27

T W E N T Y - S E V E N

• • •

ELISEO

"THIS WAS WHY WE DIDN'T WANT TO BUY YOU A NEW CAR."

Some people didn't know how to handle new things without breaking them and one of those people was Mario.

Once he got ahold of anything new and shiny, he got too excited and then bam-complete wreckage.

Just like the luxurious car I had handed down to him without a single scratch and now it was experiencing problems.

"I didn't even do anything to the car," My brother denied, raising his hands in the air, "I just drove and parked it and then out of nowhere, it started acting up on me."

Or he was recklessly driving the car everywhere and anywhere which led up to the cars break down.

Mario sometimes did whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted which resulted in consequences for him.

If he liked playing soccer, he would do just that. If he liked driving fast, he would do just that. He never cared if there were rules or not because he someway, somehow, he still wasn't the law breaker amongst us Matthiou brothers.

Mario teased the boundaries enough to test them but never pushed them too much risk trouble.

Romeo was the only who used to live life on the edge like that.

"Well the engine says otherwise," I muttered, sighing as the scorching heat nipped at my naked skin, "Mario, take it easy alright?"

It was hot, one of the hottest day of the summer so far. I had even ripped off my shirt which was new because it wasn't like me to strip in the open even in the comfort of my own neighbourhood.

Mario shuffled closer to hover over my shoulders, irritating me deeply. "I do," I imagined Mario rolling his eyes behind me, his expression sulky, "Anyway, do you see the problem with the car now?"

"I do see the problem," I snapped, throwing him a harsh look, "Just hand me the damn screw."

Mario was lucky that we had taught ourselves to handy men by default.

Around the house, we barely payed to get things fixed because Mama relied on us to fix everything. We were rich but not useless. At least I could proudly speak that for myself but Mario was less than.

"I fucked up the battery, didn't I?" Mario asked knowingly, his voice sounding guilty.

I didn't reply, simply getting to work.

After a while of letting Mario examine what I was doing I requested him to get me glass of cold water, not liking the way he was breathing down my neck.