52

F I F T Y - T W O

• • •

ELISEO

I NEVER PICTURED MYSELF A STALKER BUT THERE WERE THINGS YOU NEVER IMAGINED YOU COULD DO UNTIL YOU WERE DRIVEN TO.

Like the compulsive urge to stalk Ada's followers list in a desperate attempt to find anything on that damned boy she was about to swap saliva with.

The primal urge I felt to rip them apart when I saw them breathing the same air was consuming-I was pissed. I couldn't control it; the intense overwhelming jealousy that took over me. I knew I wasn't in the right to feel that way but fuck, did it matter what was right or wrong anymore?

Was it right to be obsessing over my brother's best friend? Was it right to be fantasying about her? Was it right to be stalking her and her friends?

Probably not.

There was nothing special about the boy she was with.

He was just another typical jock-a basketball player with a trademarked tacky smile that probably charmed the ladies. I couldn't say that he was exactly ugly but that didn't matter because he couldn't have Ada. He couldn't her because she already had me.

"What are you doing?" I scowled as Mario obnoxiously burst into my room, "I told you to always fucking knock."

"Jeez, what crawled up your ass this morning?" My brother taunted, seemingly unaffected by my sour mood, "I'm just doing what I've been told. Mom said come down for breakfast."

I dismissed him. "I will be down in a moment," I said, "Go."

"Nobody knew you were coming home, you know?" My brother leant comfortably against the wall, ignoring my demands that he should see himself out, "Aw, were you missing us that much?"

I deadpanned. "Shut up."

He didn't even want to know why I was here because Mario wouldn't want to know that I was here because of his best friend.

Ada was why I was here.

"I missed you too," Mario grinned, mockingly saluting me, "Welcome home, soldier."

I shook my head but couldn't help my smile.

A sudden thought crossed my mind and I forced myself to sit up, crossing my heavy arms behind my head.