49

F O U R T Y - N I N E

• • •

ADA

I DID SOMETHING BAD AGAIN.

I hadn't meant to kiss Eliseo and had no idea where the confidence came from to do so.

The only explanation I had was that I had been too drunk in my right mind to realise what I was doing and was on some sort of ego trip because the girl that had kissed him so boldly and too easily was not me.

I could argue that that the girl that had kissed him was not me but then again, I was also the one who could still taste the sweetness of his warm breath on my lips and if I closed my eyes, I could still recall the heat of his inviting sultry mouth against my own.

So fine, I was the girl that kissed him.

And it had been perfect. He was perfect. His lips were perfectly soft, luscious, and sinfully plumb. I couldn't have resisted him in the state I was in, even if I wanted to. He had simply been irresistible with those dark molten eyes of his and those soft inviting lips.

It had been perfect.

Only he didn't kiss me back.

I didn't realise in the moment while I was too busy ravenously and desperately devouring his mouth but as soon as I sobered up, it was the first thing that my mind begun to ponder over. That he'd just let me kiss him but he didn't want to kiss me back.

Perhaps I was overthinking it but it could've been a sign. A sign that he had been too polite to push me away and embarrass me and just let me kiss him so I could feel and taste him at least this once. Maybe I was never going to get a chance like this again.

I wasn't so stupid to think that Eliseo hadn't figured out by now that I was hopelessly and foolishly head over heels for him. With the way I had mauled him during that kiss, it was obvious that I had spent too many days lusting after him.

I knew what I had to do now and it was going to be easier with Eliseo studying in another state.

I needed to distance myself from him-to save myself from him.

I wanted something that I couldn't have and it was killing me inside.

"He wants you so bad."

Callum.

We were talking about Callum Daniels and his insistent staring. He had done nothing to disguise his unadulterated interest in me, texting me daily, asking me how I was in the morning and in the evening, and was even on his third try to asking me out. I gently rejected him every time, not wanting to be mean or dismissive.