5

F I V E

ELISEO

FALLING ASLEEP BESIDE ADA WAS BECOMING TOO EASY.

She was just so soft, so small, and all too sweet to cuddle up to and I felt myself loosing the battle to keep my eyes open anytime I found myself wrapped up in her warm lovely scented sheets.

And she smelled so good too—, everything like cocoa butter and spicy cinnamon.

I had come to love spending time with her because I felt like she just...got me. She was every bit a homebody like I was and was also an introvert who enjoyed having quiet time to herself.

We were so similar and shared common interests so when we came together, it felt like perfect harmony.

Ada Nsiah had always had a special place amongst me and my brothers but lately, I had come to understand why Mario obsessed over her presence so much and why he had attached himself to her by the hip from the very beginning.

She'd had always loved all of us equally and deeply but it was no secret that she was the closest to Mario and he was the only one she called her best friend—, her soulmate even.

They were partners in crime, always causing trouble together.

"Eliseo. Wait, hold up."

Speaking of Mario...

I stopped in my tracks, feeling a pang of irritation hit me as I found that I was in no mood to talk and just wanted my bed.

Ada had woken me up from a deeply satisfying sleep and this had pained me but, I was also aware that spending the night with her wouldn't have been rational either.

Sure when we were all kids and Ada still used to have that cute little gap between her bottom teeth, that Ada used to sometimes beg for us to share a bed with her because she claimed that she needed us to protect her from the 'monsters under her bed'.

Now she was a big girl and didn't need that protection or coddling from us anymore I guess.

Now she was kicking us out of her bed instead, I thought amusedly to myself.

"Yes?" I pivoted begrudgingly to face my brother, regarding him with half lidded as he leaned against his doorway and made himself visible, "What's up?"

Mario furrowed his dark brows, acknowledging the displeased frown plastered on my face. "You're home earlier than I expected," He stated the obvious, sensing my impatience, "How was the party?"