Chapter 28

Celia's P.O.V

"Noah?" I tried calling out.

It was dark, the branches of trees hung lowly down over my head to prevent any glimpse of light to shine through. I didn't know how I got here or were I was even going. There was one path amongst the moss and leaves, and my feet seemed controlled as they walked down the single road. My hands clenched together in nervousness, my fingertips raw from all the scratching, and my breath was heavy like I had just ran a marathon.

"Noah?" I called out again, desperate for an answer.

But there was none, my voice fell flat in the emptiness and the only sound that came back was the slight echo. So I kept walking but it seemed like the end of the path was getting further and further away from me. The walls of the forest were closing in and my breathing was only getting deeper.

"Noah!"

Then there he was, standing in front of me in the middle of the path. He was in his wolf form, looking elegant in a way as he stood there. A fierce look in his glowing eyes and the proud stance he took to make him look strong.

"Celia!"

We ran towards each other because the search was finally over. I could finally be home.

But something happened. As I ran the back of my shirt was grabbed by a dark figure, almost choking me as I came to a halt in my steps. Noah paused and crouched low as a deep growl resonated through him at the figure behind me.

The figure laughed darkly, sounding evil as he pulled me backwards toward him, "Here pup!Why don't you just take her back then...DEAD!!"

I was whipped around to see the blackness of the entity behind me. He had no face, just an outline of a person like a shadow so I couldn't tell who it was. But the gun in his hand was real, the smooth metal shining off of the moonlight that was peeking through the trees. The figure raised the gun till I was staring straight down the barrel of the weapon, ready to pull the trigger.

"Celia!"

Another shout came from around the darkness and came running towards me. At first I thought it was Noah but instead I saw the face of Conner. He dove in front of me just as the strange figure pulled the trigger, shooting him directly in the center of his stomach. My eyes widened in horror as Conner stood still, looking down at his wound before falling backwards into my arms. In that moment, it was almost like he was gone.

"CONNER NO!!"

...

"Conner?!" I shouted as I sat up in a panic, looking all around me to see where I was.

I wasn't lost wandering around in the suffocating dark forest, instead I was inside of a tent again. My body was wrapped up in the same sleeping bag I was in before and my vision was blurry from my glasses being missing so I couldn't see much beyond my hands. They were tied together again in front of me and so were my feet. I was almost wheezing from how much air was taking in at once and my throat felt like it was closing in on itself.

A second later the flaps at entrance of the tent flew open and Conner was standing there, "Celia?!"

He saw me in my panicked state and rushed over to me, "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

The only thought that ran through my mind was how relived I was to see Conner. The disturbing moment in my mind I saw, how his eyes widened in terror as the sound of a gun shot ran out through the night was nothing more then a dream. Conner right now was in front of me, still breathing and free from any injuries.