Chapter 8

Celia's P.O.V

I stayed laying in bed for a couple of hours, facing the blurry wall as I had taken my glasses off. I couldn't stop thinking about the incident back at the mall, almost being kidnapped for the second time before Noah had come to save me. Even though I laying on top of a soft blanket I could still feel the rough hands on the stranger all over me. I wanted the earth to swallow me whole so that I didn't have feel that feeling anymore or think about what would have happened to me if Noah hadn't shown up at the right time. When there was a knock on my door I made no movements to get up, hoping whoever was at the door would just go away.

"Celia? It's Noah. Jasmine washed all of your clothes so I wanted to give them to you."

I figured that Noah wasn't going to go away anytime soon so I stood up, put my glasses back on, and walked up to the door. When I opened it Noah stood there sheepishly with a laundry basket in his hands that was filled with my newly bought clothes.

"Oh, thank you." I say numbly, leaning against the door frame.

"Do you want me to help you put them away?"

Staring at the clothes then looking up at him I nodded, opening the door more to let him in. Noah placed the basket on my bed and together we made our way through the pile of clothes, figuring out where they should go in the empty dresser and closet. Noah panicked when he found my bras and underwear, making me laugh at his actions. I put those away myself for the sake of his sanity.

When I was standing at my bed I picked the black sweater out of the basket and held it up, looking at its braided design before glancing over to Noah who was next to me folding my shirts and such. He folded everything really nicely, making sure each piece of clothing was nice and straight. I couldn't help but tear up at the thought of almost being taken away from him. I could still feel that man's hands over my body, remembering the way he looked at me...his blade going down my stomach.

"Celia?"

I snapped out of my trance to see his worried eyes. He had put down what he was folding and turned his body towards me to give me his full attention.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I faced the basket on my bed and draped the sweater over the edge of it,
"N-nothing...I-I..."

"Celia."

His fingers gingerly touched my elbow. The physical contact made me loose it and I hugged him tightly, burying my face into his chest.

His arms slowly came around me, "What's wrong Celia? Why are you crying?"

"Thank you." I muttered, my voice being muffled by his soft shirt.

He paused for a moment, confused, "For what?"

"For saving me back at the mall. I don't know what would've happened if you didn't show up."

He let out a soft chuckle as he hugged me more firmly, "Of course, I won't let anything happen to you. I'll protect you no matter what."

I smiled, absorbing the sweetest words I have ever heard in my life. It was strange to think I've only known Noah for a few days but at the same time I felt like I have known him all my life. Was that because we were mates? Is this feeling the special connection we shared between us?

I stopped sobbing and pulled away, rubbing my eyes, "Sorry."

"It's okay." He blushed while rubbing the back of his neck.

We turned back to the task at hand, putting away my clothes again as a weird silence filled the air. I grabbed a few shirts and draped them over my arm, taking them to my closet to hang them up. For some reason my mind went back to the incident at the mall again, not just the part about me almost being kidnapped but I thought back to when Noah changed. When he saw me being held down by the man it wasn't like he was angry, he himself changed in that moment so dramatically from how he normally acts.