Chapter 3

(Time skip: Few days after)

Noah's P.O.V

"So, what did you guys do today?" Jasmine asked me, all giddy and itching for details.

Currently I was standing in the kitchen back at the pack house with James, Daniel, Jasmine and Cora who were all waiting penitently for me to tell them where I had disappeared to for a few hours. After a few days of meeting Celia we had managed to bump into each other again around the nearby town she lived in. Anytime I came back after an amazing time hanging out with Celia, I would get bombarded with a million questions from my friends who were dying to know what I did with my mate that day.

At Jasmine's question I could only grin like an idiot as I filled with the case of my phone that was in my hands, "I met Celia again and we just took a walk around a nearby park."

"Did you get her number?" Daniel asked as he pointed to my phone.

Slowly nodding I chuckled to myself, "I did."

"Ooo, next step in the relationship. I'm so proud of you!" James came up behind me to hit his hands on my back repeatedly.

I pushed him away and narrowed my eyes at him, "Shut up."

"Finally, my brother is growing up."

We all looked up to see that it was Carter who had overheard the conversation and entered into the kitchen with everyone else.

I looked at him directly into the eye with a small amount of defense as he leaned up against the counter next to me, "I'm just taking it slow with her."

"But she's your mate right? Can't you just speed things up?" He waved his hands in circles in a very nonchalant way, as if he thought this situation was way easier then it actually was.

"Celia is a human which means she doesn't know about all of this werewolf stuff. I have to take things slow with her or I'll scare her off."

Carter groaned as his head fell backwards, "You're just being a wuss."

"That's enough Carter." Daniel growled as he got protective.

Carter finally shut his mouth but still sent a glare towards Daniel.

"Fine, whatever. You do whatever the hell you want." Carter growled out then left the room.

I sighed out once he had left, not taking any of his responses personally as I looked down at my phone when the screen lit up. Soon any worries I had were washed away when I saw that I had received a notification that had Celia sent me a text.

(Time skip: Next day)

Celia's P.O.V

"Wait wait wait. Are you telling me you don't like apple pie?" Noah asked in utter disbelief as he walked me home, the evening sun shining down on us as we got closer.

"I honestly don't, the soggy apples are gross."

After another usual boring day of school I had I went to the cafe to hang out with Ally some more but Noah had happened to be there. Of course with Ally being the great friend that she is, she abandoned me so that I would have some alone time with him. We ended up hanging out there for a nice few hours and having an early dinner until it had started to get a little late so Noah offered to walk me home, talking about random things on the way. When we got to my house we both paused at the sidewalk at the bottom of the driveway for a minute before splitting ways.

"Okay, I don't think we can be friends anymore." Noah said, obviously joking but I decided to play along.

So I shrugged and made my way up my driveway, sending a wave over my shoulder, "Alright, goodbye then."