Chapter 19

Celia's P.O.V

About a week after the war between the Timberwood Pack and Nightshade Pack everything returned to normal. I was told that the rouges were not hard to overpower since most of them didn't develop their fighting skills so the rouges mostly ended up dead or captured but there was a few who managed to escape. Not many wolves of the Timberwood Pack were lost during the war which was a blessing.

Noah and Richard still had a hard time getting over Carter's death because no matter what he did and what choices he had made, Carter was still a part of their family. Ally and Conner were safe to return back to their homes while I decided to stay with Noah since I didn't have a whole lot to go back to anyway. But I did have to go back to school and catch up on everything I missed those few weeks when I had to hide and carpooled with Cora since she was also still in high school.

When Cora and I walked through the door back home after a day a school, I dropped my bag onto the floor out of tiredness. School was draining but I was just happy to be home. Before I could even catch my breath I immediately got swept up into a hug by Noah.

"I missed you so much!" He exclaimed as he spun me around in the air.

Giggling I hugged him back, giving him a kiss, "I missed you too."

"My god you guys. You've only been apart for a few hours." Cora said as she put her bag and keys down.

Noah pouted at her and hugged me tighter, "That's a lot of time."

I pouted along with Noah, "Yeah, it's a very long time."

She rolled her eyes playfully and smiled, walking away to go upstairs, "You two are impossible."

Laughing we kept holding onto each other like it's been forever since we've seen one another. Noah eventually set me down back on my feet and connected our foreheads together, swaying our bodies side to side gently as I savored each second of being wrapped up in his arms.

Noah pulled away just enough to look down at me, "So, how was my little high schooler's day today?"

I rolled my eyes at the nickname, "It was okay. Boring but okay."

"Well, at least you're here now." He nuzzled his nose into my neck, leaving soft trails of kisses.

My fingers lightly scrunched up his shirt as I relished in the feeling of being with him. His hands continued rubbing circles on my waist as his lips slowly traveled their way down to my mark. It was about halfway healed at this point but Noah's name was back on my skin instead of Carter's.

"Alright love birds, break it up!" James yelled as he came into the room, rudely interrupting us.

Noah and I both pulled away from each other at the sudden loud entrance. As James walked into the kitchen Noah grumbled quietly to be clear he was annoyed. It was very adorable and I couldn't help but laugh at him.

James didn't notice this and leaned against the counter in the kitchen, "Hey, people are coming over later so we need to get ready."

Furrowing my eyebrows I looked over at Noah, "What people?"

"Oh right." He laughed softly and rubbed the back of his head, "Some of the pack and family are coming over for a
get-together."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You get to meet some of my family."

"Oh yay!" I cheered and clapped my hands together making Noah grin at my reaction.

"And Celia..." James started which got my attention.

"What?" I asked him.

James stared down at the counter as he scratched at his nails, "You can also invite Ally and Conner if you want...I mean you don't have to! But it would be cool to see them again."