Chapter 26

Celia's P.O.V

Inside of the darkness where I was laying unconscious, the only thing I could see and the only thought that would not leave me alone was Conner's eyes. At the bridge where we met in the middle of the night there was a change in him, a personality surfacing that I had never seen before. He confessed that he still harbored feelings for me but his gaze was crazy. I've known Conner since we were little and this was the only time, the only moment I have ever felt true fear facing him.

When I was finally able to move my stiff body and open my eyes the first thing I noticed was the pounding resonating from the side of my head where I remember feeling the rough rock back at the bridge. I shuffled around to try to get my aching muscles moving but something was wrapped closely around me which didn't give me much room to move.

So I sat up, rubbing my head to help with the pounding I felt when I looked around to see were I was. I couldn't see much since I didn't have my glasses on but as I looked around I could vaguely see that I was inside a tent. The walls were short and the roof came to a point like a house and I realized that my body was inside of a sleeping bag. There was a great empty silence all around besides the chattering close by.

This was when my attention snapped to full start, remembering exactly what happened and how I got here. It was because of Conner, his late night text asking me if I could meet him down at the bridge. It was a trap. I could hardly believe he would actually do that to me after all that we had been through. Something finally snapped inside of him.

Immediately the panic started to set in as I shuffled my way through the tent to the front that was just tied together by strings. When they were undone I pushed open the flaps only to see two men sitting in the middle of what looked like a small campsite set up in the woods. All I could do was scream, trying to run away but one of the guys shot up and grabbed me around my waist.

"Hold up there princess! You're not going anywhere." He laughed above me like all of this was a sadistic game.

"Let me go!"

I continued to fight the stranger's hold and scream as much as I could but their grip was too strong for me to break. Not even a minute later some more guys came running up to see what was going on, one of them I recognized as Conner.

"What's the problem over here?" One of them asked.

"Here Conner, your girl tried to run off."

My body was shoved forward where I fell into Conner, making him wrap his arms around me. His expression was of surprise like he wasn't expecting me to panic in this situation.

Even though I was in the embrace of my friend I tried my best to wiggle my way out of his constriction, "Let me go!"

"Celia.." He looked down at me and loosened his grip a little, "It's just me."

"I said let me go."

"Hold on a second, let me explain-"

"No! I don't want to hear it!"

Conner sighed and looked around before dragging me back to the tent I woke up in, "Here, let's go in here to talk."

"Good luck hotshot!" One of his goons called out as we went into the tent.

No matter how Conner tried to settle me down I continued to fight his hold on me to the point where he got fed up and tied my hands together so that I would be helpless, making me sit down on the sleeping I was in previously.

"Are you going to listen to me now?" Conner huffed out after he restricted me.

"Why should I?! You kidnapped me!"