Chapter 10

Celia's P.O.V

"Oh, good morning." I heard a voice say as they entered the kitchen.

It was the next morning after the fun movie night. I had woken up in my bed, even though I didn't remember physically going to bed, and came down stairs to help clean up the mess we had left in the living room. Currently now I was by myself in the kitchen and rummaging through the food closet in search of something. My head popped up at the sound of the new voice and saw that it was Noah who was the one that had walked in, his hands stuffed in his sweatpants pockets and his curly hair was slightly messy like he just woke up.

I smiled at him, "Good morning. Well almost noon."

"Already? Did I oversleep that much?"

I shrugged a shoulder, "You must have."

Noah stood around for a moment before turning towards the living room, "Oh yeah, we never cleaned up our mess last night."

"It's already cleaned up." I called out to him before he walked off too far.

He glanced back at me with a puzzled look, "Oh, who cleaned it up?"

"Me, Daniel, and Cora. We did it this morning."

"Oh. Dang, I must have been tired yesterday." He said as he rubbed his face.

"Oh, by the way, were you the one who brought me to bed?" I ask as I pointed a finger at him.

Noah grinned at me but it almost seemed to be in a teasing way, "Yeah because you wouldn't wake up. You kept mumbling my name in your sleep as well."

Instantly a deep and heated blush spread over my cheeks, "I did what?!"

"I'm kidding. But yes, I did bring you to bed."

"Oh, okay. Wait...hey!" I growled and smacked his arm for teasing me.

Noah only laughed in response, raising his arm to protect himself from my wimpy hits. Huffing I turned back to face the food closet, my eyes scanning over each item that was stacked inside. Noah then walked up next to me, leaning against the wall by the door as he cranes his neck to look inside with me.

"What are you looking for?" He asked.

I crossed my arms and pouted, "I want something sweet and I'm bored. I want to make something."

Pushing himself off of the wall he stood next to me. For a second he looked around the pantry for something before finally reaching out and grabbing a box of  yellow cake mix. The box was practically in front of my face and somehow I still managed to miss it.

"How about this?" He asked as he handed it to me.

"Ooo! Perfect! Thank you!" I snatched the box from his hands and ran around him into the kitchen.

As I read the back of the box for the ingredients and instructions Noah reached back into the pantry to pull out a green basket of some sort. When he placed it onto the counter I could see that the basket was filled with cupcake liners, an assortment of sprinkles, and other tools used to decorate sweet treats.

"Here." Noah walked around the counter to stand next to me, "Let me help you. You probably don't know where everything is in the kitchen."

I nodded in agreement, "That would be great."

Together Noah and I decided on using the cake mix to make cupcakes. It didn't take long into the process of baking for us to starting throwing stuff at each other and making a mess everywhere. The two is us also had a cute couple moment where Noah stood behind me and held me hands so that we could mix the glaze frosting I had made together.