Chapter 22

Celia's P.O.V

After my little playful fight with Noah had occurred I got a call from Conner's mom surprisingly. She informed me that Conner had come home drunk and asked if I could come over to talk to him. Of course I immediately left with the worry of my friend if he was okay. Driving my car I returned back into the small town I missed so much, so many memories returning back as I passed by the little cafe where I first met Noah then turned into the neighborhood where I used to live.

I drove directly over to Conner's house which was a street over from my old home and parked in the driveway next to his old truck that was sitting there. Stepping out of my car I fiddled with my keys in my hands, rubbing the slightly cool metal as I made my way up the door. My fist knocked on the door gently and I went to open it which was already unlocked.

The first thing I noticed when I entered the home was Lucas sitting at the table, Conner's younger brother who was not so little anymore. All I could think about was when he was smaller, running up to hug me whenever I came over. But now that he was older the teenage moodiness has began to affect him so he wasn't as affectionate as he was when he was a child.

That didn't stop me though when I came in through the door though, "Lucas! Look how big you've grown!"

I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders from where he sat at the table, placing a kiss to his round cheek like I always have whenever I saw him. His first reaction now though was to lean away from me and stand up so that I wasn't touching him.

He wiped the back of his hand against his cheek, "I'm not a kid anymore, I don't need any girly kisses."

Lucas turned away from me and crossed his arms, acting all tough now like he didn't need any physical contact. I just smiled as I watched him, thinking how funny it was to see how much he had changed over the past couple of years. Conner's mom Linda was standing in the kitchen, rolling her eyes at her younger son and the act of his new attitude he was showing off.

"But Lucas, you've always loved Celia whenever she gave you kisses. You would even cry when she left."

Lucas' cheeks reddened with embarrassment, "N-No I didn't! I don't know what you are talking about!"

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders from behind and kissed his cheek more, "You've always loved my kisses, you will never be too old for them."

He sighed in an annoyed way but a small grin he couldn't contain came across his face. I stood up straight again from behind Lucas, keeping my arm wrapped around his chest as my other hand waved through his dark brown hair he had inherited from his dad. Then I looked up at Linda who brushed some of her caramel hair out of her face which Conner had inherited from her.

"Now um...you wanted me to talk to Conner?" I asked.

"Yes." Linda walked out of the kitchen as came towards me, "He is up in his room."

"Is there something wrong with Conner?" Lucas asked as he looked up at me.

I gave him a reassuring smile and brushed his bangs out of his eyes, "He's just not feeling well. I'll go up and check on him."

Linda put her hand on my shoulder and gently squeezed it, "Thank you."

Leaving the two behind I went up the familiar stairs and straight to Conner's room, knowing exactly where it was due to being over here so many times. This was basically like a second home to me. His door was slightly cracked so I opened it just enough to look inside, seeing Conner laying on his bed with his arm over his eyes. I opened the door more to see the disarray that his room was in. Anytime I came over to study or just hang out Conner's room was always spotless.