Chapter 20

(Large time skip from last chapter)

Celia's P.O.V

It's has been two long years since the war between the rouges of the Nightshade Pack and the Timberwood Pack taking it's place in werewolf history. But it was overshadowed by the tragic death of Carter Turner after his fight with Noah and presumed dead by their father. Not a day goes by that I feel a tremendous amount of guilt every time I think about Carter. He did terrible things and I still remember the pure terror I felt when I was kidnapped by him all because Carter fell in love with me.

Because of this obsession I was taken away by Carter who had created a pack out of rouges who no longer belonged in real packs. Then Noah's hand was forced into a fight with Carter, making him snap his neck in order to survive for me. But I've tried my hardest to let that blame on myself that it was not my fault go.

Noah though, after he had grieved for a short period of time, came back to me with a love that was stronger then ever as he wanted nothing more then for us to be together. So when I finally graduated form high school I officially moved in with Noah into the pack house. I swear though that Ally was even more excited for me then I was myself. Even Noah's father Richard was ecstatic as well to come and live with all of them.

My parents on the other hand had an opposite reaction and were not so happy about the news. I didn't care though, I was tired of coming home to such a lonely atmosphere since my parents traveled all the time for work. So without any further arguments I moved out and they sold the house. I haven't had much contact with them since then. So I moved my entire life over to the world of werewolves and to Noah, who I was planning to stay with for a long time.

Ally also followed in my footsteps after high school, deciding to move into the pack house as well to stay with James since they are mates. When James has told me Ally was his mate, I almost shot myself through the roof with happiness for my best friend. And as any good friend would do I helped out James to build up the confidence so that he cold ask Ally out.

Of course as soon as he saw Ally though he basically melted into the floor but Ally agreed to go on a date with him. Ever since then James has been chasing after his mate while she played hard to get. Knowing my best friend, Ally was going to prove how dedicated James really was. He passed with flying colors and now the two were happily in love with each other.

Everyone else I also knew were doing great the past couple of years all well. Daniel and Jasmine have been talking more about serious plans for their future while Cora, who had no mate since she was rejected, dedicated her time to help deal with troublesome rouges and anything the pack needed protecting from as she waited for a man to meet that would accept her. But who I was worried about most of all was Conner.

Conner Murphy, my best friend next to Ally, has seem to have been spiraling down into a dark hole more and more lately. Before I met Noah, Conner and I were really close ever since we met in junior high. Everyone would always tease us about us looking like a couple but we never talked about it with each other. One day though when Conner had finally asked me to be his girlfriend I was over the moon, totally blinded by my love for Conner that I couldn't see through.

Eventually the longer Conner and I dated in high school, we didn't connect with each other as well as we did when we first became friends. I began to always feel like I had to act a certain way around Conner, that we had to act a certain way in front of people. We became awkward around each other so I finally had the guts to break up with him, wanting to stay friends afterwards.

And we did stay friends. We would hang out at my house and have sleepovers so I was no longer alone in my empty house. Or we would watch movies cuddling until early in the morning. Or we would get ice cream together and attack each other with the cold sugar. It was a type of friendship that could never be replaced but for Conner, it meant so much more to him then what I intended. After he and Ally found out Noah and them were werewolves, Conner kissed me and admitted to me that he still honed feelings for me. I told him that I didn't feel that way anymore and he walked away from me with a look of disappointment on his face.