Chapter 30

Celia's P.O.V

It was like a miracle had happened when I saw Conner's eyes open again after three painful days of waiting and wondering if he was ever going to come back to me. Ally and the pack doctor stood in the small hospital like room around Conner's bed, Ally's smile as wide as the moon and the doctor double checking Conner to make sure he was comfortable. As soon as Henry had stepped to the side Conner turned his head and we made eye contact for the first time in what seemed like forever.

It was like everything was back to normal again, everything made sense. I wasted no time to run up to the bed and throw my arms around Conner. He let out a raspy chuckle then groaned in pain.

"Be gentle." He groaned out, "I'm still hurting."

I pulled away and grabbed onto his hand instead, pressing his knuckles to my forehead, "I was so worried..."

He seemed shocked by my reaction but said nothing in return.

The pack doctor made sure Conner was comfortable and determined that he just needed rest, leaving the room so that the three of us could be alone together. My crying had ceased a bit while Ally took a seat in the chair next to the bed.

Ally sighed and chuckled lightly, taking Conner's other hand gently into her's, "What happened to us?"

Conner smiled, "A lot of things."

"I was so worried. I thought you would never wake up..." I say as I kneeled down to the floor.

"R-really?" Conner said in surprise.

"Oh yeah. Celia sat in this chair for three days straight waiting for you to wake up. I had finally convinced her to take a shower." Ally explained.

Conner continued to look shocked as he glanced over towards me, "Celia waited for me?"

I nodded, staying silent for a moment as I basked in the sound of his voice. I never thought I would hear it again.

"Maybe you two should talk. I'll visit later." Ally leaned over and kissed Conner's forehead, "I'm so glad you're okay."

Ally then left the room and now Conner and I were alone. I moved from the floor back into the chair once again and I reached forward to brush his hair way from his forehead.

"Are you in any pain?"

He shuffled a little then rested his head back on the pillow, "A little but I can handle it."

I grabbed onto his hand and gently played with his fingers like I used to do when I would ride in his truck, "You were asleep for three days. I was so terrified that you would leave me."

"After all I did to you?"

"You saved my life. And you are my best friend."

Conner looked up at the ceiling for a few seconds before speaking, "When I was asleep all I could see was you as a kid, the things we used to do together." He smiled a little before continuing, "Then I saw the camp where I had kept you with the hunters...I was such an asshole."

"But you're still my best friend no matter what. I'd be lost without you."

He tilted his head towards me, "I'm still your friend after I kidnapped you and tried to destroy your relationship?"

"You'll always be my friend."

He shook his head, the tears building up in his eyes as he looked back up at the ceiling, "I don't deserve you Celia, I never did. I don't even know why you're here."