Chapter 5

Noah's P.O.V

After the scare of Celia running off into the woods and being attacked by two rouges, I carried her back to the pack house to clean up her wounds. I was dreading the future though because our werewolf secret was no longer hidden from Celia, she was waiting for answers and I had to give them to her. When we got back to the pack house Jasmine was already at the back door, waiting for someone to return. When she saw us walking up she opened the back door for us to let us in. She saw Celia in my arms hurt and immediately panicked.

"Oh Celia! I was so worried about you! What happened-"

Jasmine stepped closer and reached out her hand comfort Celia. I noticed she had flinched and pressed herself into me more. Regardless of what she thought of me I was still more a familiar face then Jasmine was.

"Jasmine." I say softly but firmly.

She put her fingers over her mouth, staying quite.

"I'm going to go take care of her."

She nodded and stepped aside, knowing that Celia wasn't well right now.

I took Celia upstairs into her room, into the bathroom, and set her on the counter. After I pulled out the supplies I needed to patch her up she went ahead and started asking her questions I was waiting for. I first started with the cut on her cheek, hooking my finger under her chin to wipe it clean and put a bandage on it.

"So, y-you're a werewolf? They exist?"

"Yes, I am. I didn't tell you before because, well..." I paused for a moment and looked into her eyes.

"Because I'm human?" She whispered in a soft voice.

"Yes."

"What about a mate? What does that mean?"

"Werewolves have this one person that is made and matched for them. We call them mates. They are like soul mates and you, are mine."

Her cheeks turned red and she adverted her gaze down to her lap, "How can you tell?"

"Because there is a connection I can feel with you but also because of your smell."

"Smell?"

"A werewolf's mate has a distinctive smell that can only be sensed by the mate. We are only able to sense the smell when we turn sixteen but it is a way for a wolf to know who their mate is." I finished cleaning up her cheek, putting a small bandage on it and moved down to her knee.

"What about those wolves in the woods or the people at my house? Why do they know I'm your mate?"

I stopped for a second before resuming, "Those people are called rouges."

"Rouges?"

"Yes. Werewolves belong in packs, rouges don't. Rouges either ran away from their packs or got banned from them in some way."

"You mean those people trying to kidnap me at my house were werewolves too?"

"Yes."

She fiddled with her hands in her lap before asking the next question, "Are they after me?"

I looked up at her, "Yes. We have been getting a lot of rouge problems recently with my pack. Once the rouges somehow found out you were my mate, they have started trying to kidnap you." Then I looked back down to start cleaning her knee again.

"But why me?"

"Because you're my mate and I'm the Alpha of this pack. I think they are trying to overpower me some how with you."