Chapter 21

Celia's P.O.V

After almost half of the day spend at the mall shopping with everyone and meeting an unexpected old friend of Noah's we all decided to call it a day and headed back home. It was interesting meeting a human who helped out werewolves by hunting werewolves. It worried me a little about why Noah would be friends with someone like that but there was still a lot about the werewolf world that I have yet to learn.

I was staring out the window during the ride home with Noah, just wondering about random things and tuning out to the environment around me. Of course Noah noticed my change in behavior so he wanted to stick by my side when we got back home. But that couldn't happen because something popped up and Noah had to take care of some werewolf business. So I just went into our room we now shared together and curled up under the blankets, watching movies and things to keep my mind occupied.

All my mind could think about though was Scarlett, I wasn't completely sure why. She had said that she belonged to another pack as a hunter. Why would a hunter who was meant to kill werewolves be around werewolves? She and Noah also seemed to be really good friends back in the day, their meeting in the mall rekindling a connection that had been forgotten for a long time. Maybe I was being jealous as well. Seeing him chatting so freely with another girl, the way his eyes sparkled with excitement, and I have no right feeling that way towards a friend of Noah's. But I couldn't help it which caused a conflict of emotions in my mind.

Then Ally bounced up into my room to see me, temporarily distracting me from my poisonous thoughts. She stayed in bed with me until the late hours of the night, darkness coming in through the window as well as the soft moonlight. The two of us chatted and laughed so I could get my mind off of the incident at the mall but Noah still hasn't come back from whatever he went off to take care of.

"I don't know what I'm feeling. I'm still thinking about Noah's friend that we met back at the mall." I say, laying on my back on the bed and dragging my hands down my face.

Ally laid down next to me on her side, propping her head up on her hand, "What? That girl Scarlett? What about her?"

I just grumbled as a response as I dug the heels of my palms into my eyes trying rub away the things I was feelings.

"Oh? Are you maybe jealous of Scarlett? She and Noah seemed to know each other really well."

"I'm not jealous!"

"Whatever you say. But you should know Squish, Noah loves you."

"I-I know." I sat up and tossed the covers away that were over my legs, "I'm going to go see him."

Ally stretched across the bed like a cat then stood up as well, "I should go back to James. God knows he is probably freaking out about me by now."

I grinned , "I'm glad you found someone you loved."

Ally walked over to the door and glanced over her shoulder at me, "Thanks. And out of all of the people in the world it's a werewolf."

"Hey, welcome to my life." I walk up next to Ally.

"I just..." She hesitated for a moment as she turned to me, "I just thought that when you and Conner got together, you two would be solid."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you two are so close and that's why I teased you guys so much about being a couple."

"Have you even heard from Conner lately?"

She shook her head, "After graduation he drifted away. I mean, he texts me sometimes but not as often as he did."

"Same with me, I'm worried about him."