Chapter 17

Celia's P.O.V

"No! Put me down!"

"I told you time and time again not to disobey me but you did it anyway. I will have to admit though, kissing you in front of Noah was amazing."

After running into Noah in the woods I was dragged back to Nightshade's territory by Carter. Carter took me into the cabin and I was panicking for the upcoming punishment that I knew was going to happen. He had me over his shoulder and taking me upstairs. And he was angry.

I gripped onto the railing as he went upstairs, preventing him from taking any more steps. Carter growled and put me down on my feet, standing behind me to remove my hands painfully from where they gripped onto the wood. I gasped in pain as he took my hand tightly in his, threatening to crush it.

"Remove your other hand and I won't break this one." He growled lowly into my ear, "It's really easy to crush your fragile bones princess."

"Okay! Okay."

I released my other hand from the railing and his grip loosened, still tight enough to hold onto it. He continued to drag me into our room and he tossed me onto the bed, pinning me down on it.

"You can make this really easy for yourself Celia. But I guess you like it the hard way."

"That's because I'm not your mate you asshole!"

"Oh! Getting mouthy, are we?"

He twisted my arms behind my back making me cry out in pain. He smirked, enjoying every second of it.

"Say your sorry." He demanded.

"No!"

"Say it or I will break your arms." He threatened, deepening the painful twist more.

"Okay! I'm sorry!"

"Good girl." He grabbed my arms and pinned them to the sides of me.

"Now, since you broke my rules I have to go out and take care of something."

My breathing hitched, "No..."

"Yes, you remember what I told you. Who should I go after first? How about your boy toy, Conner?"

"No! Don't hurt him!"

"You've got to understand the consequences Celia." He stood up and started making his way to the door.

"No Carter! Please!" I ran out in front of him.

He paused, stuffing his hands into his pockets. He looked annoyed like I was keeping him from some event which scared me even more. I grabbed onto his shirt, scrunching it tightly in my fists as tear after tear rolled down my cheeks.

"Please, don't hurt him! I'll do anything." I rested my forehead on his chest as I continued to cry.

He hummed with curiosity, "Okay."

My tears paused as I looked up at him, "What?"

"I won't hurt him-"

Relief washed over me, "You won't?"

"-IF," He interrupted me then smirked, "You let me have my way with you."

I shook my head lightly, "What?"

My back was suddenly pushed against a wall, Carter's arms caging me in. His lips brushed over my ear and left a ghost of a kiss as he whispered into it.

"You heard me. I won't hurt Conner or anyone else if you let me have you. I'll give you another chance."

I grasped Carter's arms, feeling the built muscles underneath. Biting my lip I thought about the choice I had. The letter I wrote that was in my shoe was already past the territory line but I had no idea when it would be found. What if no one found it? What if a bird picked it up? I wouldn't know if Conner or anyone else was safe or not.