Chapter 1

Noah's P.O.V

The sun was bright, beating down gently on my back from where I sat outdoors, the sky as blue as it could ever be up above. Outside of the cafe was busy with conversations scattered as countless people walked by and the click of shoes against the stone walkways. In my own curiosity I tried to listen in as much as I could to take that slight peek into people, wondering what their day was like today. But my inner wolf was on high alert in the back of my head like he always has been since I turned sixteen, keeping any senses out for that special someone that could be anywhere.

Being a werewolf meant I was already different in the human world that we lived in. Our whole lives were a secret tucked into a dark safe only to be let out in the most special of circumstances. The race of beasts rarely ever brought humans into the mix even though we lived among them in peaceful silence. But with the Moon Goddess working her magic and looking over us werewolves, nothing was never impossible even with a rare chance.

A chime of the bell from above the cafe door rang out accompanied by a silly deep voice, "Ladies and gentleman, Noah your attention please."

My trance was broken and eyes darting up to meet my one of my friends James, who was walking out of the small establishment acting weird like he always did. James was never unable to make a person smile with his cheerful laugh and bright eyes. In his position of being the son of Third in Command to our pack, we both grew up together since we were born. James walked towards the round outdoor table where all of the rest of us sat waiting on him, holding onto two cardboard trays filled with hot and cold drinks we were all itching to have. One by one our eyes lit up as James stood in front of the table to continue on with his dramatic presentation like he was handing out trophies of some kind.

"I present to you, your drinks." James finished and set the assortment of beverages down followed by a small bow.

"Wow..." My brother Carter dragged out from next to me on my right as he reached out for his drink, "Could you be anymore dramatic?"

Carter was my younger brother and as some younger siblings may already be he was bratty. His whole aura screamed inflated ego and intimidation, a leather jacket hanging over his shoulders blending in with the dark colors he wore. Having the tile of the Alpha's son is meant to bear a lot of responsibility it didn't mean the same for Carter who only strangled it for power.

Cora also reached out for her drink on my left, leaning back in a cool composure, "I agree with Carter, way too dramatic."

Cora was a girl who could give you a look and you would be weary about approaching her. It was almost unbelievable that her and James were brother and sister despite basically being poplar opposites. Once you get to dig under the coldness thought that was Cora there was no questioning where her loyalty stood with you.

"Well of course you would say that." James replies and they both stuck their tongues out each other as he took his seat next to her.

"It definitely was an entrance.' Jasmine giggled from across the table, sipping on her drink that was almost as sweet as her.

No bad bone ever existed in Jasmine's body. She was the kind of friend that would be the shoulder to cry on, the type of person who once you started talking with her the conversation can run on for hours. The was she even swept her long brown hair over her shoulder made her seem enchanting.

"Why thank you Jasmine." James took her complement and dipped his head slightly as if he was tipping a brim of a hat.

Carter pushes my arm lightly to get my attention, "Hey, we are going out on a run when we get back. You should join us."