Chapter 23

By the time we got back to the council meeting, everyone was seated. My father still had not arrived.

My ears picked up the sound of a car at the end of the road. A car door opened and someone got out and walk along the gravel. Other council members from higher up had already arrived.

"Kaylie this is Annabeth, she is the head of the council and was the only daughter of Alpha Fenwick, the last leader of the council," said Tyler's father.

"It's nice to meet you Kaylie; I have heard great things about you" she said offering her hand to me.

"It's nice to meet you too Annabeth" I said placing my hand in hers.

"I also understand that Alpha Ren is your father. How are you feeling about all of this?"

"Actually I do not have a very good relationship with my father. I have the white wolf gene and he used me as bait to take out the hunters. As a result, my brother who was next in line as Alpha was killed because of him. He lost all of my respect."

"I understand."

My father appeared walking in the middle of two council members who were holding him by the arms and leading him towards the council. They placed him in the middle of the room and dead bolted the door, ensuring that he could not escape.

"Alpha Ren do you deny that you were working with rogues to take out the pack?"

"No I do not deny it; in fact I admit to it, I wanted to see this pack slaughtered because my stupid daughter chose them over her own family. Werewolves are loyal to their packs and their birth pack. She was not loyal, she did not turn like other wolves, she was a late bloomer, but she was stronger, faster, and smarter than all the other wolves. She never made me proud. She got her brother killed. She is a disgrace to this family. She is not my daughter"

I could not believe that this man was my father. He was a pig and he disgusted me. He got everything that he deserved. His words definitely hurt.

"Ren, you are stripped of your Alpha title. The Alpha title falls to your son Daniel. You are banished to walk the earth as an outcast and a rogue. You are to have no contact with your old pack, your daughter, and your son. Your wife has the choice to either stay with the pack or to join you as a rogue."

"As long as I don't need to associate with her that is fine," he said pointing straight at me.

Before I knew it, he had pounced on me and was trying to rip out my throat. God I had some serious daddy issues.

I fought back with everything I had. I would not let him get to me.

 I could feel Tyler trying to pry him off me.

"You killed your brother" was all he said before he was taken off me. Two men were on each of his arm while Annabeth walked up to him and stood in front of him.

"How dare you lay a hand on your daughter, you are unworthy of your alpha title and of being a father and the punishment of being a rouge is too lenient for you".

Both Annabeth and Tyler's father looked at me as if for approval. All I could do was nod.

This man was a disgrace to all werewolves. I could not believe that I had been his daughter. He betrayed his pack and mine and that was something unforgivable in werewolf law. We are meant to help and serve each other.

Loyalty to one another was our most sacred law and he had broken that as if it had meant nothing to him. He was selfish and power hungry.

Two more men moved to stand in front of my father. The next minute his heart was ripped out from his body and he collapsed on the ground. A pile of blood was left next to him. I scoffed and walked out of the room. He was finally out of my life and I was rid of him and his orders.