Chapter 4

I was so screwed. I was in my room waiting for Imogen to come in.

I was stressing out badly. If anyone knew what I was, I would be killed and hunted.

I had the whole trip here to pounder on that small bit of crucial information.

I heard a knock and turned to see both Sam, my father, my two brothers and Imogen.

"Sweetheart are you alright?" my father asked.

"Dad, I need to tell you something" I said.

 I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I felt the familiar burn and heat spread across my body. I looked down and saw that my two legs had been replaced by four. I heard a gasp and looked into my father's eyes.

I shifted back and waited for him to say something.

"I always knew you were special" he smiled brushing the hair off my face.

"What do you mean dad?"

"The white wolf gene is among the family, but it has mostly died out. You, my child, were special from the day you were born. You exceed at everything you did and always competed with your brothers and succeeded, I should have seen it earlier."

He glanced at Daniel, to which he nodded. They were talking through the mind link and obviously did not want me to hear.

"Please do not increase security on me, Dad, everyone thinks I am abnormal enough already."

"You need to be protected Kaylie, I cannot let anything happen to you, do you understand?"

"Yes" I breathed.

I wanted to leave the pack enough as it is and now I would be forced to stay. I would never fit in.

"I'm going to arrange for the neighbouring packs to come see you; we shall all discuss the situation. You could be our salvation Kaylie, we can all finally be safe."

"Dad what are you talking about?" I asked confused.

He kissed my head and stood up.

"You'll understand at the pack meeting tonight sweetie, this is something far bigger than just our pack. I think we just found our answer."

I watched him walk out of the room even more confused than I was after my first shift.

Why did everything have to be so damn confusing!