Chapter 13

"Everybody get into position!" Nate screamed at us.

Wolves were running around frantically, trying to make sure all the boundaries were covered to not let any of the hunters get through.

All women and children were sent to the underground barricades that had been installed into each house. A few soldiers were sent to protect and secure the barricades and to make sure that no one was hurt.

Everyone's emotions all reflected the thoughts of this could be the last time we see someone ever again. A father may never see his wife or children again. My thoughts went to Tyler. He may never see his parents again or his friends. This could be the end for all of us and it was my fault for agreeing to this madness that my father had brought about.

Through my haze of thoughts, Tyler's voice was heard.

"Kaylie now is not the time to blame yourself, I cannot lose you, I need you to be in your zone and to remember all the training. Your main objective is to stay alive and to distract them while everyone else takes them out, do you understand me?"

"Yes I understand". I needed my head to be in this fight. I needed to be focused and driven. I felt like a robot.

I was ready.

Suddenly the hunters appeared and began attacking. They were everywhere and thankfully, we were not outnumbered.

Everyone began attacking and soon the battle was underway. My emotions were everywhere and I had men surrounding me, keeping me hidden until the very last moment.

 Soon I was released and pounced. I was ready to take down these bastards who had made life hell for most of my life. They had caused my father to come up with this suicide plan for everyone and he was not here fighting alongside us. He was a coward and I despised him.

Bodies were everywhere on the ground around me. There was so much blood. I started to feel nauseous but I could not let anything affect me. I had to keep going. I had to keep fighting. This had to end, once and for all.

No more war. 

No more war. 

No more war

I kept chanting to myself over and over again as they continued to try and attack me.

This was my fight. My fight for freedom or me making a stand. It did not matter. The last few months has been training me for this. My mind and my body were ready for a fight and I would not back down.

Due to me being a white wolf, all of my instincts were faster than any other wolves. I could move faster, see clearer, and hear better and my sense of smell was incredible. I wanted to get them back for everything they had done. All the pain they had caused me. Maybe they were even responsible for making me like this. I still had no idea about my origins, how I ended up like this.

I could feel my blood boiling. I was angry and now was my time.

I took down as many hunters, either snapping their necks or biting at whatever I could when I heard an ear-piercing scream hit me.

 I prayed it wasn't Tyler or Nate. They were the only two people I cared about. I slowly and hesitantly turned around that it was almost painful. 

"Please don't be them, please don't be them" I silently chanted to myself.

Turning around, I saw who was injured badly.

"No!" I screamed before the darkness had taken over.