Chapter 14

I woke up on the floor with my head on Tyler's lap. He was brushing hair off my face and whispering calming words to me.

Within seconds, I was out of the haze and alert to what was going on. I remembered someone had screamed moments before I collapsed.

I turned my head and on the ground was my brother Nate. He was withering in pain.

I ran towards him and fell to my knees trying to find what was causing him pain.

"What happened?" I asked to one of the warriors who I recognised as Michael, one of Nate's best friends.

"He was shot in the heart by a silver bullet".

Silver could be fatal to werewolves when in direct contact with our bloodstream.

I did not want to admit it but I knew the odds were not looking good. He had been hit in his heart. I could smell the silver spreading through his body.

"Quick, someone do something!" I cried as tears began to stream down my face.

Tyler walked over and looked at Nate and then me. 

"I need one of the pack doctors here immediately," said Michael who was on the verge of tears himself.

My mind was a total mess. My brain was telling me to keep fighting but my heart told me to stay with my brother. I stayed down on my knees, giving in to my heart. If something happened to him, I could never forgive myself if I just left him and kept going. I had a bad feeling about what was to come but I did not let myself give in to my emotions.

"Nate, it's going to be fine, I promise you okay. Once this is all over, you will be Alpha, I will be Luna of Tyler's pack with our pups, and you will be an uncle. You will visit and teach them everything you know. You can't leave me. You promised you'd always be here for me Nate. You cannot break that promise. I would have no one then, I will be a mess, please do not leave me". 

The doctor had arrived and began to work on him. I saw his eyes start to flutter before they finally succumbed from the weight.

"His pulse is fading".

No, this cannot be happening.

"Well get his pulse back up" I said.

"There are ways to heal after silver has been in contact with the body. You have to save him," demanded Tyler, who could feel my pain through our bond. 

Through the mind link I had with the pack, I heard my brother. 

"Listen to me Kaylie, you win this fight, you take out all of these hunters and you'll be happy. Leave here after this is over and go and start your new life. You deserve to be happy. I'll always be in your heart sis. I'll always love and protect you. Remember me..." was all he said before his heart stopped beating. 

"No!" I screamed into the clearing hoping that everyone could feel my pain, all my anger and hatred.

My adrenaline had kicked in and my blood was boiling. I would kill all these bastards for killing my brother. He was the only real family I had.

Everything slowed down and I felt like I was in a bad movie. This was not real. This was all a bad dream. I would wake up and everything would be fine. Part of me wanted to believe this but I could not for my brother's sake.

 My wolf took over as soon as my paws hit the ground. Anyone close to be had their necks bitten open, their spines and heads severed.

Rage filled every part of my body, my core hot and ready for attack.

All those close to me would die if they interfered. I headed towards the leader of the hunters who I had been studying for weeks and without a second thought, I charged. I was done with this war. We would be victorious and it would all be in my brother's honour. 

This is for you Nate, I thought before I attacked.

If I did not end this now, I would die trying, no matter the cost.