Chapter 29

I was currently in labour and it killed.

I was sweating, I felt disgusting and I was ready to kill Tyler for getting me pregnant in the first place.

 I was tired of pushing and breathing to get the baby out. All I wanted was to close my eyes and sleep for a year but the doctors would not let me.

My water had broken in the early hours of the morning when I should have been asleep. After a few hours of contractions and each one getting closer together, I had given in and finally gone to the hospital. My labour so far had not been a smooth sail. I could not stay dilated.

For the last three hours, all I could hear was "keep pushing Kaylie", "almost there kaylie, only a few more pushes." That was three hours ago and I still did not have my baby boy in my arms.

I was growing tired and I was beyond exhausted. I had reached eight centimetres dilated a few hours ago before I started to drop back down to five centimetres. They had then decided to finally give me a drug that brings on labour and told me that it would help me stay dilated and ultimately lead to a healthy birth of our son, otherwise I would be forced to have a caesarean.

Tyler was holding my hand and kissing my forehead telling me that he loved me and I would be okay.

Why was this so hard and painful? Surely, my little boy was not that big or hard to get out when suddenly an idea hit me.

"What if he's using his gift because he's scared?"

"That could be a reason but we're monitoring him with the ultrasound and he's visible. You are a first time mum kaylie; labour takes longer for some people."

"'Oh god" I groaned, just as one of my monitors started to beep.

"She's eight centimetres dilated once again, let's get that baby out this time."

Sarah was to my side before she told me what to do.

'"Okay Kaylie now this time we will get this baby out otherwise your body will go into shock and it could harm both you and the baby. Tyler you need to help her breathe and pant so that she can push. There's a basin filled with water and a cloth so you can wash her face if she gets too hot, there is a cup of water to give to her if her mouth is dry. Kaylie all I need you to do is breathe and push when we tell you to, can you do that for us?"

I could only nod.

I just hoped that within the next few hours I would have my son in my arms, I could sleep and finally go home.

*

After another hour and a lot of swearing, sweating and pushing, my little man, Jayden Nathaniel Summers was born into the world on the 28th of October 2012 at 4:15pm. He was perfect and the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

His little cry was heaven to my ears and all my fears melted away of him being hurt or anything less than perfect. The nurse handed him to me wrapped in a blue blanket and I placed him on his chest.

His little fingers were so tiny.

"Hi baby, welcome to the world, mummy and daddy loves you Jayden."

Once I had a cuddle, I handed him carefully to Tyler so he could get a hold too. Tyler was a natural with him. I had never seen him hold or touch someone like he did with Jayden. It was as if he was scared that he would break him.

"You both look so cute right now," I said smiling. I could finally relax and sleep now that my little man was here. Once he was in my arms it did not seem that bad. I would do it all over again if it meant I got to hold my child.

Once I had fed him, Tyler put him down for a sleep and I decided to have a little nap as well. Tyler fell asleep on the lounge they supplied for him and the next day I was released.

Jayden mostly slept and I spent most of my time watching him sleep. I was really waiting for him to show any signs of his powers. I had been trying to research and found nothing.

My genes did not kick in until I made the change. Hell, my newborn son was showing signs while he was still a foetus. I was scared at the unknown and what threats I would have to face because of his abilities but I would never ever let someone use him like they used me. That much I could promise.

"Kaylie what are you doing?"

"Just watching our son sleep, he's so cute but I'm worried about what is to come."

"We'll protect him babe, no one knows about his abilities except us, mum and dad and Sarah, and no one will tell anyone else about it. If it makes you feel better the pack will not know about his abilities but they will all be curious if he inherited the gene."

"I think it's safer if they don't know about him Tyler, I don't want anything to happen to our little boy, since he's been born that void I always talk about has almost gone away and I can grieve Nate like a normal person. If something happened to Jayden, I think that void would be even bigger than before; Jayden is exactly how I remembered Nate. For every death there is a birth, Nate is somewhat in Jayden. He even looks like him. I can't lose another part of myself again because I know this time I wouldn't be able to be fixed."

"I know babe, I've seen a different side of you since Jayden was born, and I feel like I have you back again. It's like I have the girl I meet for the first time back in my arms and I'm not letting you go."

"I never want you to let me go," I said walking over to him and pulling him in for a hug.

We sat together cuddled up on a lounge watching the baby we had brought into the world together. Jayden was perfect in every way.

The last thing I remember before falling asleep was that I was lucky to have such amazing people in my life and these two boys meant everything to me. I would never let them go.

*

The next few months flew by quickly. Jayden was getting bigger everyday and he was such a smart boy. He knew things and I could not explain them. His favourite game was hide and seek because he could make himself disappear so mummy would always lose. He always made me smile. My little boy looked exactly like his dad. The familiarities were scary, according to Anne, he looked exactly like his father at that age as well, and the photos just proved it.

 The pack was happy they had a future heir and they still did not know about his gifts as such and I hoped that it stayed that way. At the bonfires, all was well and there were no more threats either.

Felicity had met little Jayden a few times and stated that she would be babysitting him for me when she got better. The doctors were still looking for a cure for her and I hoped they found one soon. She would be sixteen in a few short months. She was such a sweet girl. She made me want to help and I hoped that one day I would have a little girl of my own too.

Tyler and I just took each day as they came. We were both still looking into Jayden's gift as well as research on the White wolf gene. So far, we had found nothing. It was almost as if the gene seized to exist.

I hoped that we would find something useful to help us soon.