Chapter 5

"Pack meeting in 5" yelled my brother through the mind link.

 God he was loud sometimes.

I jogged downstairs and walked to the pack's community hall we used for pack meetings. I slipped up the front quietly, trying to go unnoticed. 

Dad's words were playing repeatedly in my head.

I think we found our answer. 

What does that even bloody mean for god's sake?

"Pack meeting is now commencing," my father said as he sat next to my mother on the stage.

"I have called this meeting today to inform you of some information that has been discovered. As you all may know my youngest has finally shifted. You may also know that my ancestors were white wolves and part of one of the strongest packs in the country. Kaylie has received the white wolf gene and could be our answer to finally wiping out the hunters. I have called our neighbouring packs for help and guidance. I declare war so that our people and the future generations of our people are safe."

Did I just really hear that?

Why did we even have this gene? The one question everyone had left unanswered was where did the gene even come from? I had never heard of it before.

"You can't be serious Ren, you are not putting our daughter at risk" my mother growled. 

"Dad, are you crazy?" yelled my brothers.

"She could save us, I would never let anything happen to her, and you must understand that."

"You are risking my seventeen year old daughter's life, she has had no experience in war, and she has barely lived," my mother said again trying to make him see sense.

Other members of the pack were also voicing their opinions.

"You can't let Kaylie risk her life for you."

"She is only a child."

"She could save us all."

"The hunter might never bother us again."

"The hunters have never threatened us in our lifetimes, why start a war that we may not be prepared for?"

All these voices were overwhelming and I tried to drown them out and focused on my breathing.

Of course, my father would not listen.

"She will be trained and taught to use her abilities, she will be safe."

I couldn't believe him.

"Well Dad, you have clearly made up your mind, doesn't concern me or anything right? My feelings don't matter and I obviously don't have an opinion. What if I don't want to fight, Fuck the hunters, they have never harmed me, they leave us alone. You want revenge for what they did to your family. I don't want to be involved in a war. I want to worry about my life and my future, which is now in jeopardy because of you, the one person who is supposed to be more important that the stupid pack. I hate being a werewolf, you all can get fucked, you treated me like shit all these years like I had the plague and now you want me to be your salvation? You can fucking safe yourselves but I will have no part in it, I am not some secret weapon you can use to your own personal advantage. Do you hear me?"

I was so angry I could literally feel my blood burning.

"FUCK" I screamed.

I felt the familiar burn and shifted, running through the woods without a second glance. 

"Calm down young one" my wolf whispered.

"I don't know what to do, why should I sacrifice so much for them, they treat me like I don't even exist."

"You will be fine young one, listen to what the other alphas want, then make your decision, you only can do this for you."

"Then I'll be selfish like my father'."

I ran back and changed. I entered the hall and saw my pack glancing at me frightened.

"I'll do it."

Those three little words were going to change my life.

"Good" my father said

"Yes Ren, good, I will not be selfish like you, once this war is over I am leaving, I do not wish to be a part of this pack."

"You would disgrace this family?" my father boomed, outraged.

"Your daughter does not matter to you if you're willing to risk her life. I see no future here. I have no mate. I am free to do what I want, not so special to you now huh daddy" I said as I left and ran to the woods for closure. 

I would win this war and then I would leave, start a new life where I was appreciated for once. 

I hate wolves, fucking arrogant bastards.